Need driver for Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by medbull, May 9, 2006.

1. medbull

medbull OSNN One Post Wonder

I installed the 2006 version of Norton Internet Security today and it totally hosed up my computer. I had to go out to the Norton site and get an "un-installer" which proceeded to mess my computer up even worse. I have no idea how, but it apparently corrupted my DVD & CD driver files and now my computer cannot access them. HELP!!!!!!!!

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

You shouldn't need a driver for a DVD-RW drive. Did you reformat the computer after the Norton incident? Or are you trying to recover without doing so?

3. medbull

No, I did not reformat it. I finally got the computer to restart after disabling the "GoBack" feature in Norton. I then ran a cleanup program from Norton and then I reinstalled Norton and although my computer is functioning, Norton is not and neither is my CD or DVD drive. The error says the drivers have been corrupted.

4. medbull

I should also add that I have been using Norton for years and on this computer. I have a Sony Vaio that I purchased in 2002, but it was top of the line when I got it.

5. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Try this:

Start Registry Editor

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Reboot

6. oddomar

oddomar OSNN One Post Wonder

got that too visit teh site.