Need driver for Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104

medbull

OSNN Newbie
I installed the 2006 version of Norton Internet Security today and it totally hosed up my computer. I had to go out to the Norton site and get an "un-installer" which proceeded to mess my computer up even worse. I have no idea how, but it apparently corrupted my DVD & CD driver files and now my computer cannot access them. HELP!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't need a driver for a DVD-RW drive. Did you reformat the computer after the Norton incident? Or are you trying to recover without doing so?

No, I did not reformat it. I finally got the computer to restart after disabling the "GoBack" feature in Norton. I then ran a cleanup program from Norton and then I reinstalled Norton and although my computer is functioning, Norton is not and neither is my CD or DVD drive. The error says the drivers have been corrupted.

I should also add that I have been using Norton for years and on this computer. I have a Sony Vaio that I purchased in 2002, but it was top of the line when I got it.

Try this:

Start Registry Editor

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Reboot

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back