Need CPU check for a main board.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I have an Intel mobo her, a D945GCCR.

I am looking at the Intel site looking for the highest speed CPU I can install on the board, but I don't understand the Intel lineup of processors.

Is there a difference between a Pentium D, Pentium Dual-Core and a Core 2 duo?

Anyways, if someone can tell me what is the maximum performance cpu I can put on this board, that would help me out.

Here is the Intel site for my board

Thanks

Heeter

Core 2 Duo would be the best choice in my book. Now I believe the Pentium D and Pentium Dual-core are actually the samething a dual core Pentium

Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 seems to be the fastest you can use

Thanks Emeritus,

Exactly how did you know it is the E4700?

That is why I asked here, is because I can't tell what is what for CPU's with Intel's way of numbering things.

It doesn't say anywhere E4700.

Thanks again,

Heeter

No wait,

Forget that.

I finally saw the link that mentions what CPU is compatible. Couldn't see it right in front of my face.

Thanks again.

Heeter

Yeah Core 2 Duo all the way, they are most excellent CPUs. The Dual Core Pentiums are not as cool, efficient or generally awesome :).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back