Need Comcast Self install files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by shoulin, Aug 3, 2006.

1. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

I lost my comcast self install cd and im looking to set up my gf's comcast, i was wondering if anyone had an iso or some image of that comcast self install cd that they could send me, as i do believe it is freely redistributable since they want all the customers they can get.

if any one could help me let me know or if it is a small iso send to

thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  2. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

any way to get it from comcast?

3. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

i guess i will call em in the moring, i just thought one of the geeks :squareeye here might have one sitting arround ready to be made into an iso :nervous:

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Why would you need them? Cable is plug-n-play so you shouldn't need to install their crappy bloatware.

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

First off, I took out your e-mail address to save you from massive amounts of spam ;)

Secondly - as madmatt said you don't NEED the CD to do anything. Initially, they just need to activate your modem and then you are good to go. If she received it through the mail, along the lines of a self-install package or something, she just has to call them. They will ask for the MAC/Serial number off the modem and then you should be good to go.

Although, I have seen an increasing amount of instances (but not always) when the CD is needed. I think that does some low-level programming of the device, but not entirely sure.