Need Ability to Control Pages Viewed While Online Tests are Taken Remotely

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by Andre9570, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Andre9570

Andre9570 Drift On...

My company needs the ability to control pages viewed while online tests are taken remotely. I was thinking that an java program or some type of applet can load to handle this situation. Are there any program that we can load with the test or some other solution. Thanks for any input

Andrew

Vanquished likes this.
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread titled modified.

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Sounds like you just need to cut off the ethernet until the user is done with the test, no web pages at all :p.

There is a tool named SynchronEyes which can block internet access on the local machine and is used for remote access when someone is logged on, it is used in schools.

Your other best bet is to have a C++ or VB program, which when run will change the DNS servers to servers that only serve requests for a few websites, and all others will be re-directed to a page saying access denied. This however can be changed back by the user if they want to.

How you make it work is up to you, I wish you good luck.

One question, what company is this for?

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

he said the online test are taken remotly. ie the tests are online. hehe.

Cant you just use content advisor and block everything except the online test?

5. Andre9570

Andre9570 Drift On...

My company is an University and Venom is correct the tests will be taken online. So we dont have control over every pc that will be used when taken test.
    Content Advisor: the one inside IE?

Thanks for the input guys

6. X-Istence

If a remote program can turn on this content advisor, it means the local user has permission to do so, in which case a student can still bypass it by changing that content advisor. Besides, what about people that run FireFox instead?

7. Andre9570

Andre9570 Drift On...

So I was thinking that some web applet could be loaded from our end that can monitor or full screen the test.

8. X-Istence

You could give it a try, users are innovative when it comes to finding loopholes to be able to do what they are not supposed to do in the first place.