Need a TV!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by macromp, Dec 16, 2005.

1. macromp

macromp the retarded one

i just got a new multi-region dvd player and to my joy found out that my old tv cant handle the ntsc discs (playing them black and white), so i need a new tv. just loooking for a simple widescreen 28", no more than £300 (poor student) and wondered if anyone knew of any within that price range that will play region 1 discs in colour. i've seen several sony/philips tvs for around £250 but no idea if they play the discs...

2. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Essentially any semi-decent TV will play NTSC now, just have a look here on amazon, there are some really good TVs there and all of them will play NTSC. Good luck!

macromp likes this.
  3. macromp

macromp the retarded one

yeah i was looking at the Sony KV28HX15 WEGA 28" FLAT Widescreen TV (no 5. on that list), just wasnt sure if it supported it, thanks for the help then.

4. lad_in_brum

lad_in_brum OSNN Addict

I would have thought all new TV's should be OK, if you canI would save a little more and get a LCD, argos were selling a 26" acoustic solutions one for £400 one of my friends got one and the pic is really good.

Wait till after xmas as well and see what you get in the sales

Once you have found one that you like use pricerunner etc to find the cheapest online, I'm looking at a 32" samsung and the prcies range from £850 - £1100 on the net, so definately shop around.