Need a power supply mounting bracket

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by scriptasylum, Dec 11, 2003.

1. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I'm doing a little project and need an ATX power supply mounting bracket. I was trying to make one similar to the PS bracket on my Lian-li, but it doesn't look as good. I know I could probably buy a cheap case and cut out the section I need, but that's kind of a waste...

I've looked around (Google) but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Lian-li can't help me and the sites that sell Lian-Li parts don't have that particular part. It doesn't have to be a Lian-Li part, I was just looking for that because I know it would work. Anything similar would be fine.

Any ideas or places to go to get something like this?

2. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

do you plan on having a window into your case? if not then make your own it doesn't always have to be perfect ot be funtional.

3. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Well, normally I would agree, but this isn't for a computer. I had some extra speakers, a car CD deck, and an extra ATX PS. So, I decided to make a radio for my workarea in the basement. The PS worked great because the 12v output supplies 12A and was really cheap. I wouldn't be able to build even the simplest linear 12v, 10A power supplies for the same price.

Anyway, I made the case out of wood and just need a quick-n-dirty way to mount it while still appeasing my aesthetic tastes. :)

Yes, I know... it's weird. :eek:

4. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

how about some small L brackets from your local hardware store?

5. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Actually, that's what I was looking to use, but it's not as "pretty". I think I'll just have to trace the Lian-Li bracket on a spare piece of aluminum and cut it out with my nibbling tool. :sigh: