Need a good display quality.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by shaunxx, Jun 27, 2008.

1. shaunxx

shaunxx OSNN One Post Wonder

Hello there,

I am here looking for better display, being offered with an upgrade from ge force 7400 to ge force 8800 gs. Usually i am not a frequent player but usually watch movies. Please advice if upgrading will be helpful to improve the display. Thanks for your time.

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

What kind of display to you currently have? How large is it, and do you think you need a better one?

3. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Im using a Xerox flat screen tft, and to be perfectly honest although it usually isnt the first choice for monitors, the quality off it is beyond anything i have previously owned. Its a 19-inch black widescreen with a 8ms response time if i remember correctly and it was very well priced.

Other monitors that I have used in the past are LG, I had a 17-inch TFT from LG previously and it was very impressive considering what it cost me :)

Give us more details of what your after in terms of size / spec and we can probably help you more.

4. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT Builder/Installer

Are you asking if upgrading your video card is advisable, or are you asking if upgrading your actual monitor is?

5. greentea

greentea OSNN Addict

Ge force 8800 gs is for sure better than the ge force 7400.

6. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

ViewSonic VX2255wmb just bought it from newegg.com upgraded fron my 19 inch. 239.99 After 20.00 MIR and free 3 day shipping. got mine in 26 hrs.

7. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

8. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

not to thread jack, but i've been through 5 samsung tv's in 2 years. i can't imagine how good their monitors are. all 5 had the same board failure.