nec 3520 :D

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FishBoy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. hi i just got an NEC 3520 dvd writer is that any good or is the 3500 better, i gave my 3500 to my dad that's why i got a new one
  2. Source
  3. cryogenic

cryogenic OSNN Addict

TN, blah!
    So you answered your own question.. the 3520 is an upgraded 3500 and is a bit better. :) How much did you get it for?
  4. loool that's true i didn't even realize, oh well i also put information for other people to see :D
  5. this is weird i put shrek 2 into my drive and when i selected a thing in the menu my nec did a weird sound like it was stuck or something but the menu didn't freeze it kept on going... how do i find out if my drive is in good shape?

edit: ok now i was playing the movie on power dvd and then i opened dvd decrypter while closing power dvd and it did that sound again, it was doing that scrubbing noise like a printer again
  6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    NEC DVD burners are some of the best in general. BenQ are good too. The 3520 should be as good as the 3500. Plus, if you take a look over at cdfreaks, you should be able to find custom firmware that will tweak the drive, or even turn it back to a 3500.
  7. i check on there are no firmware updates yet
    and lol why would i wanna turn it back into a 3500

well anyway im replacing my driver with another 3520 tomorrow coz this one is messed it's making noises so i'll update the new one