NE1 who knows bout water cooling

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Tbird94sc, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

if anyone knows about water cooling and knows about refidgeration please help. i cool my radiator in a refridgerator. it works well, but the only problem is i am starting to get condensation on the tubes inside the computer and outside. outside dosnt bother me cuase its outside where it can cause no damage. but inside concerns me. i am using distilled water but even still i am worried. does ne1 have ne ideas????

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

water is condensing around the tubes that carry water into your case, correct? and can potentially drip in your case onto something valuable.

insulate the tubes. not sure with what. i'm sure they sell tubing insulation at the hardware store, but it might only be or bigger pipes and such. if you can't find anything, you could try something like duct tape or some kind of tape wrapped around the tubes.

3. jw50

jw50 OSNN Senior Addict

I would recommend that you try www.overclockers.com
    there are alot of guys there that are into watercooling and they could probably help you.

4. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

Actually, before you try that, go ahead and try brushing the tube with some good 'ole Elmer's glue...

5. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

ive been on overclockers.com all day. tape of any kind will not work. i bought something called nodrip whick is sticky substance htat goes around pipes to prevent condensation so we shall see if it works

refriderated cooling is tough work, lol whewww

6. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

elmers glue? r u serious? that would really work?

7. Winter

Winter OSNN Addict

Uhhhhh.... *looks around* ...no?

8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

glue might get too hard... try liquid cement }:>

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

been thinking about it... maybe after applying some rubber cement and then wrapping some dense fabric around it to truly insulate it... and it will also absorb any water that might still collect and hold it until it evaporates back off instead of dripping on your video card as long as you have a little airflow in your case...

hmm... i think i'm getting the watercooling bug }:>

10. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

Check out the ProjectX thread at overclockers cooling forum...