NAT setup on MRI modem for edonkey

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by stewartbmw2000, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Hi

I have this MRI ADSL Modem and this is the NAT setup page it gives me, I need to be able to open ports TCP 4662 and UDP 4672 for edonkey/emule

Problem is that I dont know all the values to get this working can some one give me the details required

The values I dont know are as follows

Local address from

Local address to

Global address from

Global address to

Destination Port from

Destination Port to

Local Port

Thanks in advance

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Mapping for the TCP port:
    Destination port: 4662
    Local port: 4662
    The rest blank or wildcard or whatever the router wants for "all".

Mapping for the UDP port:
    Destination port: 4672
    Local port: 4672
    The rest blank or wildcard or whatever the router wants for "all".

3. cheers for instructions, very helpfull although I have another problem...

I've sorted that all out and everything is unfirewalled but I got major problems with yahoo messenger

I have opened all ports 20-5100 (every port yahoo MSN and emule uses) so every one is unfirewalled for everything (emule confirms this) but it seems like its fighting between each other as I can use chat and voice flawlessly but if some 1 else in the house comes on line then problems start to occur random getting kicked out and crashes, this is the same with MSN messenger and emule skips servers a lot.

any help much appreciated

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

You opened 20-5100?? You might as well just remove the firewall then mate. The major point of the firewall is to close of at least 0-1024 (the commonly known ports). The ports above should be blocked as well of course. So don't open any wide ranges, especially not below 1024.

5. I know that but I still have the problem

6. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

I never got eDonkey to work with my router successfully. My advice is to not use it, not open up your computer so it can be infected by every common trojan out there.