Nascar 2002 question

B

bheagle

This may be a hardware problem, but it only happens in Nascar 2002 season. My steering wheel seems to have a tick in it as I'm driving it suddenly will jerk to the right, sometimes its worse than a tick. I just ordered a new steering wheel and should have it in a few days, but I was wondering if any other Nascar 2002 users also have this problem.

I have Nascar 2002 and have not noticed that problem. I am using the Microsoft FF wheel with it and everything works great. :) :)

I'm an avid sim-racer and can assist. Pots are very key in your wheel and you can test their condition easily. It's important to have a smooth transition across all the pot values.

Calibrate your wheel in N2002. As you turn the wheel and watch the arrows go back and forth, pay special attention to any jumping or skipping, specially in the center area. Go slow and look for the bad spots. If you see jumps, then your wheel's pot is getting old and needs replaced (don't necessarily have to replace the whole wheel unit)

Another check is to switch drivers in N2002. There is generic and digital which will have a significant performance difference.

Here is some good info for you...
http://www.sim-world.com/resources/pots.shtml

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back