Napster audio files bypassed.

SPeedY_B said:
Only problem being that (some of) the general public have common sense.

Most people are signing on for the free trial, downloading as much as they can, then cancelling the service. Lovely.
Thing about Napster though is that you would have to convert all those song you download before you cancel or you lose them. ;) Seems like a pain in the arse for a lame service and you end up w/ even less quality music and MANY wasted hours.

once again emule is the way i go. works so well ( bit slow but gets the job done on old files)

The diskwriter plugin is ages old, and you've been able to do this for years with any streaming service. If you write to wav or a lossless codec, you will not lose quality, but you will lose quality if you recompress with a lossy codec.

themafia_69 said:
i dont use it but, it is bunled with spyware checkure add/remove programs dialog in control panel, and i dont remmberwhere i saw it read it somewhere on the net

I never had spyware with bearshare. I am using an older version because i dont trust the new versions.

So basically, you're using a legal music service illegally. What's the point of using a legal service then, especially since you're going to end up with quality loss after transcoding?

TittleBitties said:
I never had spyware with bearshare. I am using an older version because i dont trust the new versions.
yeah thats why then, haha the new one is loaded with spyware, we were both right tittle, ps thanks for the rep;)

themafia.69 said:
yeah thats why then, haha the new one is loaded with spyware, we were both right tittle, ps thanks for the rep;)

lol...no prob :p

Emule takes to long to start to download. Limewire uses to many resources, bearshare takes to long to start download. Bittorrent, an dpersonal ftp's are the best way to get music ;)

I dont have a prob with bearshare starting downloads.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back