Myths about Firefox - opinions?

I also use both every day, at the same time (i'm typing in IE7 but have FF open in the other monitor). For me they both do almost exactly the same thing, although personaly FF has better add ons and is a bit more stable, but if i had to give up one or the other i wouldn't care too much and i'd probably pick IE7 to keep since i love the feed reading stuff :)

Firefox is not a bad os. It is slower and consumes more memory than IE7, plus it looks like ass compared to IE7 in Vista, but, the extensions are the main reason I still use it.
I agree (except for the "not a bad OS" part ;P). I tried using IE 7 exclusively for a while, but I missed my Firefox extensions enough that I went back. I've also found that Google Reader (and other sites heavy in Javascript) are more fluid in Firefox when using it in the "river of news" style, which I like.

They're both good browsers. I've never tried to convince anyone to switch just for the sake of it. I do hope that Microsoft does more with IE 8 though; v7 felt like a catch-up release for the most part.

k, which extensions do you have that I should be using in firefox
Well, I add and remove extensions all the time (I like trying new stuff). But here are some of the ones I keep installed:
  • Greasemonkey: An awesome user script manager. See my blog post on this for more info.
  • Stylish: Like Greasemonkey, but for stylesheet manipulation. See the userstyles.org repository.
  • Operator: Adds microformats detection and handling. Blog post on this coming soon... =)
  • Web Developer Toolbar: excellent webdev tool.
  • Firebug: another superb webdev tool, especially well-suited for JavaScript stuff.
  • VideoDownloader: download videos from YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe and a whole bunch of other video sharing sites.
  • FireFTP: Lightweight FTP client built into the browser chrome. I might remove this one, now that the latest WinSCP beta supports FTP connections.
  • Super DragAndGo: hard to explain, but handy sometimes.
  • Google Browser Sync: great to keep browser stuff in sync across my desktop and Tablet PC.
Lots of people also like AdBlock and its variants, but I stopped blocking ads a long time ago so I don't use it anymore. Tons of other extensions in the repository that you may find useful too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back