Mysteriously logging off question.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a workstation level computer (2Gig celeron, 256PC2700, everything intergrated, WinXPPro SP1) that I am having a difficult time figuring out a problem on it.

This computer pretty much stays on 24/7, and a very, very low amount of work goes through it. Only when do I actually work on it, it will log off by itself unexpectly. I will press a Cntl+Alt+Del and the login user screen comes up. When it is not being used, it never logs itself off. I am baffled by this problem. I have run hijack this, spybot to see if it is a trojan, but nothing comes up. I do expect it to be a Windows problem, not a trojan anyways.

BTW, if it is worth noting, I do have a Linksys KVM switch on it. I am controlling a second tower with this switch.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

weird - sorry, can't help now but am about to get another desktop very similar spec. and almost identical anticipated usage - so if I hit the same problem I will investigate too, and anyway I want to stay subscribed to the thread. Hope someone else has some ideas.

I long time ago in a Galaxy far… far away, I remember something about “User Profiles” causing problems when you use the same login name/password mapped across domains causing unexpected problems. I will do some quick research about this as I encountered similar problems when XP fist appeared but strangley not since.

:) :) :)

I did want to add that the "Fast User Switching" service has been disabled on this machine. I am starting to think that maybe that it might actually be the KVM switch. I will test later by removing. I am still pretty sure that it might be a Windows problem. This computer is hooked up to a workgroup.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back