My two rants! please join in my frustration.

Ok i just need to bitch.

1. Im so *ucking sick of text books being sold without covers just a bunch of pages that i have to put in a binder.. sure they 10 bucks cheaper but i cant resell them.. And they are a pain in the ass to use... nowhere near as durable and its just so the publishers can make more money.. pisses me off like nothing else.

2. If you want to work at a help desk overseas a requirment should be at least basic understanding of *ucking english.. (assuming thats where your calls are coming from).. This outsourcing pisses me off.. they know nothing.. and on top of that i cant understand them and they cant understand me half the time. The bottom line for companys sucks... Its allways the end user who suffers..

thankyou for listening to me bitch.. im sorry.. but im just annoyed right now

sraycoz said:
Ok i just need to bitch.

2. If you want to work at a help desk overseas a requirment should be at least basic understanding of *ucking english.. (assuming thats where your calls are coming from).. This outsourcing pisses me off.. they know nothing.. and on top of that i cant understand them and they cant understand me half the time. The bottom line for companys sucks... Its allways the end user who suffers..

YES!!!! I HATE THAT!!! They(companies *points at dell*) say its "cheaper" but I'll just keep calling back because most tech support I deal with is not properly trained or on the boarder of not speaking english......I sit there and hear this....*Blah**Blah**Blah*Money*Blah**Blah**Blah*we will kill your family*Blah**Blah**Blah**Blah**Blah*. Im all done now :)

Ahhh the perfect thread.

WOMEN!!! Why do they turn hot to cold just like that?

Yesterday; fine
Today... hardly more than casual conversation...

2nd time this same girls done this to me... I'm just gonna drink.

Textbooks without covers? Never heard of those...or seen any for that matter.
I usually just buy used from Amazon. Turns out hell of a lot cheaper than buying from the rip-off university store, and 95% of the time, the books are almost brand-new when they arrive.

zeke_mo said:
Yeah, cuz that will fix it :p

Let me answer you with the lyrics of a song;

Hey, Can you stand another drink? I'm better when I don't think.. it seems to get me through.

And yes, It helps. Maybe not the best option but it makes myevening pass by till 9 1/2 hours of work, and then guess what? herb'day do tomorrow night! Fun fun! FUN FUN FUN!!!!! sighs There'sno way of getting out of that one. My brother's DJing and i needmy lift and i'm taking my mate along too... I'm stuck..

lol they are just like that. My girl of two years does the typical im mad at you but im not gona tyell you for a week... so.. you have it easy. And she never forgets anything... so.. hehe screw it im drinking when i get home too! itys been along day.

Textbooks without covers? Never heard of those...or seen any for that matter.

think of it as a pile pf pages with hole punches punched out.. this particualr book can only be bought through uofh.. sigh...

Here is one that I have been dealing with for some time. I am out of work and still trying to find a job (RANT: POS Economy), I send my resume off for a job, I get a call from an HR person only the guy/gal can't speak english worth a damn, as if it is a 4th foreign lanuage for them. I can only understand every 3rd - 5th word they say. How the hell do have a phone interview like that! GRRRRRRR. How the hell did they get their job! Every job application or requirement I have ever seen says, "Can you read, speak, and understand english CLEARLY!!"

One this week was soooo bad only every 6th word was attempted english, I don't know what language he was speaking the rest of the time. I hung up and call back, "0"ed out to get the company operator, told them their HR person called me and I am interested in the job, but do they have a translator there that I can talk to. She just laughed, and said "in the 4 years the HR person has worked their, no one in the place has understood a thing this person has said. WTH is that crap, grrrrrrrrrr.

during my first few years in college I bought books...then realized I didn't ever use them so I stopped buying them...

talking to people who already took the class and seeing if you really need the book is the best way to go.

That's rough maveric :(

sraycoz said:
lol they are just like that. My girl of two years doesthe typical immad at you but im not gona tyell you for a week... so..you have iteasy. And she never forgets anything... so.. hehe screw itim drinkingwhen i get home too! itys been along day.

raises pint glass
Good man.

I've only drank half a bottle of wine and 3 pints as of yet, whiskey's next on the list. Feeling overly sober still, not happy.

... This girl has shown slight interest before, but nothing came ofit,family holidays meant i was on holiday the day after she said shehadfeelings for me, then 3 days after i got back after a fortnightshewent away, then next thing i knew is she had a boyfriend. Sothatwent out the window. Yesterday, bored at college; me, my mateandthe girl in question came back to my house to get some pizzascookedinstead of disgusting food. Went back to college, and thensheoffered to give me a lift home! raises eyebrow seemed a bit weird, but whatthehell.

Didn't know she had feelings for me, obviously she did.

Just next day.. I wasn't.. anything.. jeez man i sound pathetic.

Sorry, all. (just glad a thread like this just happened to turnup).. noone else i can moan to that isn't close friends with the girl :rolleyes:

I've seen a few text books without covers, i'm not sure if it's of similar style to what you're talking about, but it's basically just old (but damn expensive) books with the covers torn off. I hate that, considering they try to sell you it at such a high price (and the content is pretty damn good too). Bit of a waste :)

I just go along with what netryder said; Amazon used books systme is great :D

sraycoz said:

Tech Support

pg.gif

1). Text books without covers? Jezz, what a screw job. I though the ones written by a local professor and printed by the University with paper covers was bad. Things have gone to hell since I got out.

2). None of my professors at University could speak passable English so I learned early in life to be my own translator. But that doesn't really matter because I only buy cheap generic throw away ûûûû and build my own systems so I don't have to deal with tech support.

PS I still think there should have been a general boycott of Dell, those bastards legitimized the tech support outsourcing.

zeke_mo said:
YES!!!! I HATE THAT!!! They(companies *points at dell*) say its "cheaper" but I'll just keep calling back because most tech support I deal with is not properly trained or on the boarder of not speaking english......I sit there and hear this....*Blah**Blah**Blah*Money*Blah**Blah**Blah*we will kill your family*Blah**Blah**Blah**Blah**Blah*. Im all done now :)

Funny you should mention dell. Last i heard they were moving all their call centers back to the US.

PS I still think there should have been a general boycott of Dell, those bastards legitimized the tech support outsourcing.
I understand your reasoning, but I will tell you this. They make a far superior PC/Server and you will need to call them less... so until someone else steps up to the plate, every PC and server I purchase for our corporation will be Dell.

Moonwraith said:
Ahhh the perfect thread.

Yesterday; fine
Today... hardly more than casual conversation...

2nd time this same girls done this to me... I'm just gonna drink.

Im with you on that stupid fukin.... happenin to me right now :do my head in

Un4gIvEn1 said:
I understand your reasoning, but I will tell you this. They make a far superior PC/Server and you will need to call them less... so until someone else steps up to the plate, every PC and server I purchase for our corporation will be Dell.

I think I make a superior PC-Server.

But that is just MHO.

So far as wimminz? I have had very few problems.

As soon as you understand to approach them as a equal, but to treat them like they want to be treated, in a balanced way. You will not have problems.

You would like to have your back rubbed? Offer to rub hers.
Most wimmin like to have you brush their hair. I have been told it's sometimes better than sex.
Compliment them
Etc....

If you are over the age of 17 you should be able to figure this out.

Man you guys got some major problems. :p

Gee, sure glad I'm not dating, but then I could not figure anything out then. Women? If any body figures them out, it is only another woman...being a guy I think we are all kind of clueless...and yeah Steevo, dont tell me that they have not thrown you for a loop once in awhile with their bizarre thought processess, remember logic does not work on them...it's kind of why we always lose arguments. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back