My Site

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Jason2k1, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

Hey all!

I've been working on a redesign of my site, and just wanted to know what you guys think. The site address is:

I'd be greatful of any comments and sugggestions you would like to offer. Also if there is anything you think i should add other than just games?

The Members area is not working yet as i am still in the middle of coding it. i am aware of the massive lycos ads tht come down when the page loads, but ill be moving hosts soon so they will be gone.

Thanks in advance

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    looks very cool. Nice games :p
  3. XPerties

XPerties Guest

I especially like the layout and color...Simple but sweet
  4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Midlands, England
    Very nice design, I always like the simpler sites out there as opposed to the chaotic messes :)
    The only two things I would comment on (and 2's a low number for me :p) would be :
    1. the rate this site, not really sure if it fits, a nice guestbook or shoutbox would possibly be better?
    2. take a look here

Other than that, great job ;)
  5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Nice color combo. :cool:
  6. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

1. Well i have had a shoutbox on before, but people were just abusing it. I may try and reintroduce it at a later date.

2. i have now fixed all the errors i could. The majority of errors towards the bottom are to do with the ad code lycos puts in. And the rest seem to be cause by php sessions which i will sort out later.

Thanks for you help!

Any suggestiosn of any flash games that you would like to see on my site? also any other content apart from games ne1?
  7. aswettla

aswettla Guest

sites that have POP-UP ads really draw me away.
  8. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Keep an eye on this host:
    They offer free hosting without the ads.

Right now they are not taking any signups; they say they are doing something. But this has happened before where they put a pause on the signups. I simply waited for them to resume and got in. If you do the same, you can probably get in as well.

Some of the down sides are as follows: 1) They use Windows instead of a *nix server. 2) It doesn't support .htaccess 3) You only have a 10MB limit.
  9. brintonwhite

brintonwhite Guest

Very Nice

As a fellow yorkshireman I would like to say congratulations on a very nice site. Well done mate!!!
  10. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

United Kingdom
    I wrote an admin thing for my shoutbox if you want it
  11. Jason2k1

Jason2k1 Guest

sure, cud u send me it at please, thnx geffy
  12. versionfiv

versionfiv OSNN Addict

Washington DC
    Reminds me of a modified php nuke theme, but after a second glance, I can see the effort, good work mate.