My Sandisk is dead

hansrijf

sh! it stinks
Yesterday I deleted old pictures from my 256MB Sandisk Compactflash card through my Canon Powershot A95. There is an option in it's menu to delete the pictures. Normally I just format the memorycard without any problems.

After deleting the pictures my memorycard went dead. I got an error message claiming that there was a memorycard error. I cannot format the card with my camera anymore because my camera won't even start up with this card in it.

So I took it out of my camera and put it in my pc, tried to format it through windows (vista and xp) and through a dos command (format e:). But no go. Then I did a chkdsk e:. It returned stating the card was in RAW format instead of FAT.

Well, now I have a dead cf card. I know Sandisk has a lifetime warranty but I just want to get the card working again!

Any tips? I do not need programs to recover lost pictures, just something to get the cf card working again..

TIA!

its a 256mb card worth virtually nothing nowadays. buy a new one? ;) prices are very very cheap even for the 2gb+ cards

its a 256mb card worth virtually nothing nowadays. buy a new one? ;) prices are very very cheap even for the 2gb+ cards

Yes I know and I probably will get a new one (guarantee or buy). But I just want to know how to revive a card like this if this is possible.

as it says raw - meaning no filesystem is on it couldnt you just go to control panal -> admin tools -> computer management -> disk management - delete the partition on there - remake it - format ?

No, tried this too. The card doesn't show up in the controlpanel.

Today I went to the shop, the man in the shop shook the card and there was a sound in it like there was something loose inside. So I think the chip got loose (?), however that is possible. I did not drop the thing anyway.

Bought a new Sandisk cf card, 1GB for 25 euro's. With 10 years warranty.

Will try the producer anyway, there is a 5 year warranty on the product. Since I do not have the receipt anymore the store owner wouldn't help me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back