My Rewriter Stops Reading After An Hour

G

Gemmel

My freecom rewriter stops reading as a cd rom after about an hour i can still write with it but nor read what i have written. i use the following burning tools:-
Fireburner, Padus Diskjuggler, clone cd and nero 5.5.1.8 i have installed the aspi layer. please help. my friend is also having the same problem with his liteon rw

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q309691

Compact Disc Recorded in Windows XP Is Missing Files or Folders, or Is Unreadable (Q309691)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
When you copy files or folders to a compact disc-recordable (CD-R) or a compact disc-rewritable (CD-RW) by using a compact disc recorder, any of the following behaviors may occur:

The disc recording is consistently unsuccessful.

You are unable to read the disc by using Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98. You are able to read the disc in Windows XP.

You are unable to read the disc in a consumer MP3 player. You are able to read the disc in Windows XP.

You are able to read the disc in a consumer MP3 player, but not all of the files on the disc are available. However, all of the files on the disc are available when you read the disc in Windows XP.

When you add files or folders to a disc that already contains data, some files are lost. This may occur if one or both of the following conditions are true:

A file is added to the disc, and the name of the file is the same as the name of a folder that was already on the disk.

-or-

A folder is added to the disc, and the name of the folder is the same as the name of a file that was already on the disk.

RESOLUTION
Microsoft is currently evaluating an updated fix to this problem. This article will be updated with new information as soon as it is available.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.

Published Oct 22 2001 11:20AM Issue Type kbbug
Last Modifed Nov 29 2001 7:58AM Additional Query Words
Keywords kbWinXPpreSP1fix

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back