My Random Screening at the Airport

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Vanquished, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Why would I be randomly screened at Logan?
    This is frankly pissing me off, these people at the TSA honestly think that they are doing something?
    I think they are a joke.
    I asked them why and they said, "It was on your ticket".
    **** Them and their stupid antics.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Thread moved to Green Room.

3. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

if it was on your ticket really then they gave you your answer.

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

What does random screening really do tho?

What happends when someone is plans to attack a plane is one of the people that dont get screened?

5. Vanquished

Thank you, exactly.
    The screening was done sort of randomly, i think the reason was because i tried to check in online and it did not work, thus my electronic ticket had ssss on it. But what about the Terrorists? I was one of about 30 people in line at the security gate that got checked, aside from having to stay an extra 10 minutes i also had to be patted down infront of everyone while they took apart my belongings and waved their chemical wands over them, which probably don't do anything.

6. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I'd be pissed too, I hate being checked, accused, etc for things I don't do or haven't done. In your case, there was small reasoning, or maybe there was one guy they were looking at, and checked abunch of other people to make it look normal.

7. Vanquished

Oops,
    let me clarify, i was the only one in the entire security line, 30 people or so in my line probably 30 more in the other two lines at the terminal.

8. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

They must not like penguins :p

9. Vanquished

10. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

hmm... they prob scanned osnn.net and saw that you have a nuclear bomb explosion as your avatar, and thought you might be carring one in your bags lol...

11. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

I know how you feel. I have been selected multiple times on one trip for the random screening. It is very annoying.

12. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

thats why its a random screening...

with that said; however, it is NOT so random, I travlled on Official GOv't orders, and there were 6 of us that were on the same plane and four of us were screened...

Needless to say, I do not think it is really that random after all..

It does bother me however, that they check Us citizens who are traveling on Official US gov't orders, if anything those people should be screened less, because we are under scrutiny all the time, its not like these people will be more likely to bomb a plane..

just my $.02

13. Vanquished

It would be funny to see a US marshall with a gun get screened. It would be funny to see them over react, with their pepper spray and stun guns :).

But i agree, i was trying not to get into the non-us citizen thing but you are right.

14. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

haha well i'm a non-us citizen and i don't give a crap if they screen me or not. they are all so ****ing inept it makes no difference, i'm polite to them and often give them pointers of where they should look.

For instance a guy asked me to turn my diskman on, i told him just because you see the LCD screen come on doesn't mean i couldn't have hidden a knife in the guts of the machine, i said thanks but that they where not even searching anywhere near thoroughly enough. I guess i convinced them i possibly couldn't be a threat, ahh reverse psycology. :)

15. Vanquished

HAHAHA

Wow, you got guts saying you might have a knife.
    I agree, so inept are they, another inept agency is customs, i went to mexico and brought a switchblad back, the switchblade was in my jacket which i carried on. This was an accident on my part but they are so inept.

16. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

You're complaining about them doing random searches, but you're also complaining about them not being able to do their job properly.

:rolleyes:

17. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You got screened one time and you are pissed?

I've been screened "randomly" about 10 times so far.

Welcome to the real world post 9/11.

18. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I know,must be terrible mustn't it? :rolleyes:
    Try being me,everytime we fly (14 times) I get pulled and I mean everytime. People after people pass through okay but as soon as they see me,the littlest one in the line that's it.
    This is going back way before 9/11 and it honestly doesn't bother me in the least.

19. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I get screened just about every time I fly. Doesn't help when you have a notebook, PDA, and music player on you.

Regardless, I think they should screen everyone. Even two year old children. Especially after what happened September 11th.

So quit complaining or start driving every where.

20. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

:up: