my puppy is in the ICU....

thanks jewelzz. that insurance sucks lol. but right now i wish i had it hehe. what breed is bubba?

You still have to find out what caused it and remove the cause or he's still at risk.

My guess is Coumadin. Used to thin blood in heart attack victims and more commonly as a rat/mouse poison. It works by thining the blood to the point where they hemorrhage to death. But I didn't know about the paralysis. It would take a pretty hefty dose to kill a dog the size of a lab.

-Look for a shredded yellow or red paper container. Umm, check his stool for remnants of paper too.
-Ask the apartment management if they have had pest control people out )before mentioning why).
-If it was the bait bars there will be no trace unfortunately.

If you find out who laid the bate report it to the SPCA and the police. If a dog can get at the bait so can a toddler. It's supposed to be laid where it is inaccessible and sure as hell not in public areas. There is a nice lawsuit (or threat thereof) for recovery of part of that $2500.

It's possible he ate a poisoned rodent (dog's do things like that when you aren't watching). There should be fur and bones in the stool if he did. My pooch presented the wife with a dead mouse she had dug out of it's nest one day.

When you find the responsible party, and have finished beating them, point out that glue pads and convential mouse traps work great, cost less, don't leave dead rodents rotting inside the walls and rarely result in $3000 negligence lawsuits.

i wish i could blame something. But riley's enviroment is rather controled. i have no rat posion in my apartment. closes thing is 4 roach traps but i have accounted for them. outside enclosed possible he got a rat that had it in but i cant do anything about that. he is kinda finicky with food so i doubt it. im not letting him comehome until he is to a point where he will be safe doing it. Iv allready spent this much. im not gona tax off the last bit and have a relapse.

VenomXt said:
thanks jewelzz. that insurance sucks lol. but right now i wish i had it hehe. what breed is bubba?

I have pet insurance through Pet Care Insurance

They have some good plans for Dogs and/or Cats. The cheapest one is only $10.00 a month and the coverage is:

# Unlimited number of (listed) accidents covered
# Fixed deductible $50
# Enrollment as early as 8 weeks of age
# No age restrictions for enrollment
# No 30-day waiting period
# No select breed surcharge

Coverage / Coverage Amount

Foreign Body Ingestion
An ingested foreign body needs to be surgically removed. $2,000

Motor Vehicle Accident
Medical treatment for injuries resulting from any form of motor vehicle accident. $2,000

Bone Fractures
Fractures not caused by a motor vehicle accident. $2,000

Poison Ingestion $1,500

Lacerations
Medical treatment for an accidental laceration such as cut pads or dog/cat bites and abscesses. $500

Burns $500

Allergic Reaction to Insect Bites/Stings $500

Accidental Death
If your pet should die from injuries as a result of an untreated accident, its original purchase price will be reimbursed, up to policy limit. $500 (no deductible)

I GOT MY PUPPPPY BACK!

abnfw1.jpg

Great to hear! riely's back home w00t!!!

He looks pretty good, glad he is back home and looking healthy.

thanks. hehe he been so hungry i have to pace feeding him boiled rice and mixed it with a can of chicken dog food. gona be his diet for awhile now. have to feed him a cup at a time and he hates it hehe. HE is very tired not alot of energy but i think hes glad to be laying next to my chair and sleeping like he normal does.

I really apreciate everyone being supportive and positive thank you very much. We are almost out of the woods now only have to worry about aftershocks of things so i think we will be ok. Thanks again im gona go through and rep eveyone that posted in this thread because it ment alot to me. ( i got as many of you as i can but i cant rep anymore tonight. :))

VenomXt said:
thanks. hehe he been so hungry i have to pace feeding him boiled rice and mixed it with a can of chicken dog food. gona be his diet for awhile now. have to feed him a cup at a time and he hates it hehe. HE is very tired not alot of energy but i think hes glad to be laying next to my chair and sleeping like he normal does.

I really apreciate everyone being supportive and positive thank you very much. We are almost out of the woods now only have to worry about aftershocks of things so i think we will be ok. Thanks again im gona go through and rep eveyone that posted in this thread because it ment alot to me. ( i got as many of you as i can but i cant rep anymore tonight. :))

yay :)

I was telling my mom about what happend to your dog. She is like a huge animal person who gets all whimpy if she hears about a dog getting hurt or something. Even in movies if she sees a dog getting killed or something.

My dog simba (husky/wolf mix) ate a bee but we think it still was alive cause after he ate it he started crying. Like it stung him in his throat. He is ok tho we gave him some allergy pills and he feel asleep lol.

lol. dont give simba the rawhide bones. its just not worth the risk. riley has bone bones now that you get from pets mart. last alot longer too.

Bubba's a mutt. I'm told he's part boxer but I just don't see it, I only see retriever. Kino, the one in the front is chow mix.

gonaads, where I work offers pet ins through payroll deduction so that's what I went with. They offer some odd things where I work :s

VenomXt said:
lol. dont give simba the rawhide bones. its just not worth the risk. riley has bone bones now that you get from pets mart. last alot longer too.

Thanks for the heads up. Both of my dogs are rawhide addicts so I will tell my mom to get the bone bones :).

VenomXt said:
what type of dog do you have gonnads? out of curiosity.

Errrrrrrrr... I have a 15 pound orange marmalade Tabby. :rolleyes:

as in, C. A. T. Cat. :nervous:

I was just postin the Insurance site for ya and well wishes for your Doggie. But I also like dogs. Ummm, as a pet. :D

gonaads said:
Errrrrrrrr... I have a 15 pound orange marmalade Tabby. :rolleyes:

as in, C. A. T. Cat. :nervous:

I was just postin the Insurance site for ya and well wishes for your Doggie. But I also like dogs. Ummm, as a pet. :D

I am gonna name my next dog [FONT=Trebuchet MS, VERDANA]Ganja ;)[/FONT]

Very cool to see how all this progressed to a great outcome! Also very cool to see the members here showing concern and trying to help out with suggestions, etc. -- not that all this comes as a surprise by any means. Venom, I hope that was just an isolated incident and that Riley has no problems from here on out! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back