my puppy is in the ICU....

Oh man what an expierience! I'm glad he's ok, and you're right, pets become another one of your kids. Hope he recovers quickly!

yah. thats the problem. The vet will not know but what most likly casues this is beef rawhides or other chews, OR he ate something else. If anything he needs to be put on a special diet for along time now. poor guy no more feeding him what im eating when im not looking..

Sorry to hear about ze dog Venom, good to hear he's on way to recovering.

"After i figured out a vet i bundled him up and put him in the back of my Explorer (thank god for SUV's today.) "

would fit fine in any compact car, including the crazy small electric one. SUVs are completely and utterly useless. Always have, always will be, and always flip too easy.

;) My golden retriever rides in the Oldsmobile. He's been on a diet for 4 years... cuz he's a monster... ~ 140 pounds. hehe. gotta love dogs.

Mastershakes said:
would fit fine in any compact car, including the crazy small electric one. SUVs are completely and utterly useless. Always have, always will be, and always flip too easy.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. By that logic, a regular pickup can hold just as many people as an extended cab pickup. :rolleyes:

My fiance and I moved a large mirror yesterday. It wouldn't fit in my car, but it would fit in her Ford Escape (SUV). Now explain that one to me!

Mastershakes said:
huh?

SUVs are not pickups. Pick your battles.

It's an analogy. In this case, car is to pickup as suv is to extended cab pickup. One holds more than the other.

"My fiance and I moved a large mirror yesterday. It wouldn't fit in my car, but it would fit in her Ford Escape (SUV). Now explain that one to me!"

I don't have to explain jack muzi.... you are in Texas. You think big is da shizznizzle...

IMO SUVs are hogs on the road, kill thousands every year, drink gas like it's koolade, and in general are never used at their potential.... I deal with 12-14 feet of snow over the winter here, with an '84 rear wheel drive Olds.

Just think about it this way. That mirror? wrapped properly (i can tell you how) it mounts on the roof fine. That mirror? Do you move one every week? That mirror? Is it really worth driving a monster car on CONCRETE expending your hard earned dollar on it's gas habit?

hmmm. another option..... delivery?

last bit.... safety ---- if you need me to dig some records up - I can.... but I'm sure you can google.

dont make me smack someone. i simply said thank god for my SUV because it has a huge back. If i would of put him in a seat blood would of been going down into it and when you have no muscle control at all he would of slid off it into the crack in a heavy stop which i had alot in houston rush hour traffic with white out rain.
i myself will probaly start driving a ford focus soon but THANK GOD i had my SUV this time.

now shush before i neg rep both of you for bickering in a thread that doesnt need it. there are other threads allready out there for this convo.

Last edited:
VenomXt said:
ok great news. riley is going to be ok. his T count is stabalized (to do with clotting). he needs to stay over night one too two more days at another vet (not the ICU) for IV and a possible plasma trasnfusion (still haveing blowouts but not as severe). HE was able to waolk in the door of this vet on aleash and he saw another black lab inside and wanted to play with it lol he has IV ports in his legs so that was a no no hehe. Im so happy though.

Looks as if eveything is going to be about 2500 dollars... but right now i dont care my puppy is gona be ok..

On a lighter note my proffessor let me have a extension on a final today so i can go to sleep now. plus im now on vacation at work so im being paid too lol.. something that will come in handy when the crdit card comes in end of month hehe.

We've all heard the excuse, "my dog ate my homework". Well for you, "my dog ate my vacation". :p

Glad to hear he's better and that he's gonna be O.K.

We've all heard the excuse, "my dog ate my homework". Well for you, "my dog ate my vacation".

Glad to hear he's better and that he's gonna be O.K.

hahahahahahahaha yes.. yes he did. Like i said lol he is the most expensive free dog ever. hehe he has now cost more than my computer and ipod put together lol.

glad to hear everything will be good:)

muzikool said:
Family dogs are fed better than probably 1/3 of the people in the world.
Mine too, we are always giving it small cuts of steaks and such...I dont care much for the idea, but I'm not the one that pays for it :)

I was lookin at my dog today and its funny cause he has allergies right now and untill we go to the Vet we have to give him benadryl and he gets all lazy and tired. I keep calling his name and everything. The only thing that gets him up is if you say Ball Or Num Nums.

Glad everything is going good for you doggie :)

You should by him like all his favorite toys so when he comes home he will be the happiest dog alive lol.

i think he will be happy he is alive. lol but yes some old things wont be here (rawhides and such) but a few new ones will.
im waiting on the doctor to call me back. HE is still losing fluids too fast. So we are working on that,.

Did they tell you what it was that got him sick?

they hoesntly cant give me a straigh answer. but they can say its something he ate that made him have a gastirc rupture or something like that. And those rawhides are very bad for dogs aparently.

ok just talked to the doctor. this is a diffrent one and she still think a small chance of posioning could of happend. Do too some slight blood in urin which doesnt match up with the other diagnosis (i love paying these pople lots of money for guesses but what can you do) so to be on the safe side she is also going to administer Vit K in tablet form this time (the liquid shot she gave him last time was really expensive like 90 bucks or some bull **** about that.) the pills should be the same price as store vitamins in my opinion so.. sigh.

Glad to hear you pup is better. Like gonaads, I have pet insurance on my 2 dogs (see avatar) and I find it worthless. I pay $10 per pay period per dog ... Bubba (the fat head lying down in my avatar) had his teeth cleaned and a hematoma removed from his ear, cost me over $600, the sh!tty insurance company only pay $183 WTF? :mad:

Anyway, glad Riley is doing better :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back