My PET PEEVE thread

Lee said:
Chavs? Are they the same as Charvers? Heard that on Police UK one of my favourite shows:)

It's grim up Narff!
Charver's are from the Tyneside area,thankfully we don't have them in these part's
:D
Prime example of Charver speak:
Son- "Here mam, did ye see the new trackys a've bought?"

Mam- "They're lush. are ye ganna wear the fer gannin oot?"

Son- "Nar, am ganna put them on wif me rockports fer when a gan te court like."

Mam- "ye'll look proper smart!"

AYE REET GINNA WIR TUM TA FITBA! How is my Geordie coming along Marge?

I get told I sound like the kids off Byker grove by Southerners :eek:

Ya, you can say politicians again :D I wonder if anyone wants to add ambulence chasers to that same list there; such as those who take cases to court such as someone sueing McDonalds for getting fat from eating too many hamburgers, or the cable company cause one watches too much TV.

Actually, I'd throw politicians, PR reps, and sales into the same list of munkeh's who (to put it politely), massage the English language with the intent of deceiving the public. :eek: Bleh, there's only so much BS I want listen to in a given day.

Then there's the unenviable task of having to bring people back to reality, and then being the "bad guy" because of it, while the lieing sales guy is the "good guy" for lieing. Fred, (a comp engineer who helped a friend of his out at her computer shop) told me how this sorta thing goes. A customer would come in with some strange notion from a BSing sales guy, but the thing suggested just wouldn't work.

Tells them this, and all of a sudden, not what they want to hear. "But such and such sales guy told me. He was much nicer then you...why can't you just tell me what I want to hear?"

He used to try to explain things with them, but said he grew tired of the endless arguments. He finally just said "OK, I'm telling you, if we do such and such, this is what will happen. If you want to do it, OK then, but under one condition. No warranty. If it goes bad in the way I just described, your SOL. Do you still want to do it?"

They, thinking "nah, but the sales guy told me", would be like sure, fine. Then they'd come back, complain and get:

"Did I tell you this would happen?"

"Yes" :(

"Did you understand what I said?"

Yes, didn't want to believe you then. The sales guy sounded so much nicer..."

"OK then. What did I say about a warranty for what I know wouldn't work in the first place?"

"None"

He also said, the next time around they were much more willing to listen :D

Evil Marge said:
I get told I sound like the kids off Byker grove by Southerners :eek:
duh duh duh der da duh, byker, byker.... byker grove....ohh byker, ohh byker, byker byker byker byker grove, yeah.

Singalong Amanda. Opps marger

:rolleyes:
Think of Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer,I've same accent as them :p

I agree with what NetRyder said. It looks really stupid when people use "l8rz" or "byez" type of words.

l8z, ne, np, roflmho, lol, pmsl, gg<--annoying, lmao, kma, ff's, imho, etc......

I hate it when people say "that was just sooooooooooooo blah blah blah" and "I was like soooooo Blah blah blah"
:p

Why thank you :D
Oh and the blah blah blah was cause I couldn't think of what to say after the annoying "It was like sooooooooooooo" :p

That marge she is wow blah blah blah, she is so darn blah blah, which I have to add I saw her blah blah, i felt cor, blah blah blah blah blah blah, I was like, blah blah, I saw her blah blah, I said to myself blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Add to that gobsmacked, basically, at end of day, at the end of the day, can't remember other two as I am tired :(

how about yadda yadda yadda...well me and this girl went out for dinner and we went to my apartment yadda yadda yadda and he left.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back