My New Toy Cometh (comething complete)

Well it's in the hardware forum, so that should narrow it down for peeps who are wondering ;) I do wonder though about it comming complete, but requiring assembly :D Unless he ordered stuff for a new comp and needs to put it together (would be hardware)... Usually "complete" is "no assembly required" :D

Oh and yes, UPS has screwed up time and again. My sister sent Christmas presents out to the family one year. Some peeps didn't get them until July and the like. Worst part, some peeps she bought stuff from the cheese store down there, and being food... I had one thing I ordered, that never arrived in the 5 years I still lived at that house :eek:

muzikool said:
What the heck is "comething complete?"

Cometh -> cometh-ing complete :D

Bleh.

Anyways, this is what I bought.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/lcd_w3000?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/corporate/imagebank/displays/w3000_300.jpg

mtw3000.jpg

Pics of it in action soon. I picked up an HDTV upconverting dvd player last night as well and am in the process of hooking everything up.

Wow, very nice! What model DVD player did you get? I guess it upconverts to 1080i?

Cometh -> cometh-ing complete :D
Ahh, gotcha. :p

Yah, got a samsung that up-converts to 1080i. Unfortunately my Ep.2 SW dvd is only 480 :(

Well all is setup and working. A few pics to show y'all pic quality (sort of) and viewing angle (yay! :D )

The flash piccie has too much exposure at the top of the pic but I am too lazy to do anything about it right now :D

Attachments

• tv from angle.JPG
    tv from angle.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 94
  • tv with flash.JPG
    tv with flash.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 102
Re: My New Toy Cometh

NetRyder said:
A 42" plasma TV? :eek:
Ohh, so close! :D
Congrats Sazar. Looks fantastic! When can I come over to check it out? ;)

Anytime yo :D

Our guest bedroom/office has been completed and plenty of room for you to come chill :)

Viewing angle on this thing is ridiculous :D

Only negatives are I woulda liked a couple more inputs for Analog Audio (hence why my RCA cables for the Xbox are disconnected). I didn't realise how many ports would be taken up by the digital receiver and the dvd player for HDMI :eek:

Gonna get a switch later today probably.

Other than that, when close up the image is a little pixelated but thats coz of the resolution and the image. Direct analog pic is not that great, digital is a lot better with component input or s-video for the receiver.

Input from dvd player is DVi + cable's and bloody good too. Speakers are also pretty good considering I only have 2. Really powerful for the rated wattage and while not THX, Star Wars sounds pretty damn good on it :)

Dell makes TV's now? What are they doing, trying to go the way of Japanese companies that get a hand into everything? :lol: Well I guess if the business model works well over in Japan...

Ok, I gotta ask. The reviews say LED's over 26 inch loose image quality because the native resolution is set by the diode size and number of pixels (1280).

Have you noticed anything like this on your new baby?
Any glare issues with brightly lit room?

I was thinking about an LED (Plasma has burn in issues and LCD won't work, my family room gets afternoon and evening sun) but wanted to go 32 inch.

Glare is not an issue but then I have taken great pains to keep the tele out of direct sun-light. The screen is clear enough even with bright background fortunately :)

The resolution is pretty good given the size of the screen. If you are sitting right up against it than obviously it looks a little pixelated but at normal 6 foot and above range it looks great. The DVD player I got allows me to play mp3's and all that jazz plus I can hook my notebook up to the tv, no probs and use that to output A/V and listen to music and recorded shows.

All in all not a bad investment thus far.

Btw is there a reason LCD won't work? My tv is LCD and there are no probs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back