My New System Build

How are they listed in your BIOS, as what interface?

I would double-check, you should have gotten a floppy disk with some drivers on it. You bought it retail, right?

Yep. The box is right next to me.

What CD of XP are you using? Pro or Home and what SP is slipstreamed?

It has to be something driver related.

What is the interface listed in the BIOS as?

OK, so I tried putting in the CD that came with the mobo and I actually have to make my own boot disk for the SATA drivers.

Did that autorun on your already running Windows PC and indicate that to you?

That's a bit odd, normally they include a floppy. Price you paid for you I would expect nothing less.

OK, I just reseated the video card because I was still having that problem with the blue screen, hoping that will fix it.

Yeah, unfortunately XP doesn't include drivers for a lot of SATA controllers during setup.
The good news is that Vista does include drivers for the nForce4 SATA controller. I have the same motherboard as you, and when I was setting up 5365 on my new drive last week, it was detected without a problem. :)

Common for XP to have that problem, not common for the manufacturer to stiff you of a floppy with the drivers you need :s

OK, still having the problem with the HDD not being detected. Man, this really sucks. I am starting to get tired, but I really do not want to go to bed.

On the upside, I don't know where I would be without my other computer and you guys. Thanks for helping me out with this.

You should learn to use the edit button :D

The window for hitting F6 is REAL small, did you hit it in time? Did you make the boot disk correctly? Go into Windows on your working PC and try to browse the disc to see if it came out OK.

By the way, the SATA drive shows up as the first SATA master in BIOS

EDIT: Sorry, I guess I am just over-excited at this point.

Floppy was automatically made by the CD, I just had to make a menu choice.

I seem to be going backwards here, the computer does not seem to want to take instructions from my keyboard now.

Pop the floppy in the other machine and make sure you can read it OK.

Then just try to hit F6 several times when you are prompted, should come up for you.

I just set the BIOS back to defaults using the jumper, now the keyboard works. I am going to try and read the choices for the SATA menu now. Maybe I just picked the wrong one.

Here are the choices:

1) Make Sil3114 32bit SATA/RAID Driver disk (I chose this one)
2) Make Sil3114 64bit SATA/RAID Driver Disk
3) Make Nvidia 2000 Raid driver disk
4) Make Nvidia XP Raid Driver disk
5) Make Nvidia 2003 Raid driver disk
6) Make Nvidia 64bit XP RAID Driver Disk
7) make Nvidia 64bit XP RAID Driver Disk
8) Format Floppy disk
9) FreeDOS command prompt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back