My New System Build

^ that would be an understatement.

:)

but thank you for the good wishes

And all I can think is.

OVERCLOCKING TIME!!!!!

Will this overclock well with the stock cooler?

Allright, so the dang blastid processor is in Raleigh right now at the local sort facility. Now, I want to go pick it up. I called customer service to see if I would be able to pick up the unit on monday, so I would not have to wait for it on Tuesday. She said that I would have to wait and call on Monday.

argh.

/me Wishes he could pick it up now

but but but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease *pouts*

Define "overclock good". With FSB overclocking you shouldn't expect more than 10%. That would be a 4600 rating. The stock HSF might support that, it's rated to 4800. Now if you consider running the 4200 at the speed of a chip that costs a couple hundred more as good. Yes, it will overclock well. PS, if it gets over 55 deg C under load when overclocked back it off and pick up a better cooler.

As for the delivery the rules work like this:
-The product never shows up on Friday unless you are away all day and it can't eb delivered.
-The product will only show up Monday if you will not be there to get it.
-The product will always show up Tuesday, unless you took Tuesday off to get it in which case it will arrive Friday or Monday when you are out all day.

These rules are based on 30 years of waiting for packages to arrive.

PS I just found out UPS has a 'local" pick up center near where I work. :) I have to try this.

Thanks for the tips LeeJend. I am slowly starting to realize the truth behind your points about shipment services.

I have some general idea about overclocking, but once people start talking about voltages and stuff it just goes ZOOOOOOOOOOOM right over my head.

kcnychief said:
He should be a rebel and underclock :smoker:

I have me system do hat at boot incase something goes wroong. 1.4Ghz at 1.1vcore. It don't need no stinking fans mahn!!!!

I called FedEx and the guy said that I would not be able to pick up the package early because it has not been delivered yet and they do not physically know where the package is, only that is in a container with "literally" thousands of other packages. *pouts*

FedEX is tough - th eonly time you can generally pick a package up is if they have attempted delivery already.

Hang in there man, no worries :)

I am going to go out and get the case fans today. Hopefully they won't be too expensive.

Allrighty, the case fans are in. I got 2 120mm case fans with 14dba. The only things left to put in are the video card, the processor, and the HSF. Sweet. Can't wait.

Coming along nicely - do you have a digi cam so you can post pictures when it's done?

Ha!, your two fans are nothing against my 16!
U definately need to post pictures

16 Fans is overkill, there is NO need for that many fans.

I have a camera on my phone, so I will take pictures with that. The case isnt that nice, and I am already thinking about getting a nicer one.

I know that 16 fans is overkill, but it makes my computer sound powerful, my fans used to be loud, i fixed them, then they have been getting loud just recently. Yet im too lazy to fix them again, but its great, i can only here that, its like noise cancelling headphones for my room!

Usually people who need to feel powerful are compensating for something inadequate :rolleyes: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back