My New System Build

If thats what it says on the HDD
Then congratulations you got a free better HDD :)

Edit: From what i can see online it is an SATAII drive

kcnychief said:
There isn't much going on, only one HD, onboard audio, you should be fine. If you got a case with a PSU paired with it, I'd probably question it. But Antec=Quality.

while these PSUs are brand X psu's, I have built at least 30 computers over the years, and I have only had 1 PSU die. And no Motherboards fry either. So i actually am Pro generic PSU. :)

I have only built two pcs...
And of those two pcs, the one generic PSU died a week after it was in use... Possible over worked, possibly because it was a generic psu, we will never know :):(;)

AMD Athlon X2 4200+ has been ordered.

Thats a great CPU, My friend has it and honestly there isnt much of a difference between that and mine.

Do you think that I will be able to get into the 400's of pts per day with this thing?

Glad to see you went with the 4200+ over the 4400, definitely a smart choice.

Brad said:
Do you think that I will be able to get into the 400's of pts per day with this thing?

Depends.

If both cores submit everyday, maybe.

More likely you will be in the avg of about 250 to perhaps 300 per 24hrs on the high-end.

The likliehood imo is about 200 per 24hrs if you are not folding 24/7 @ 100%.

kcnychief said:
Glad to see you went with the 4200+ over the 4400, definitely a smart choice.

I like the 4200+ too. (One day I'll get one) but why is it better than the 4400?

I think they are saying that the features of the 4400 arent worth the extra money. We be more worth it to get a raptor HD or something.

I like the 4200+, but I'm wondering what will fold best !!!

Thats right Brad,
However the 4400 was named the best processor for the money by cnet, however i disagree, the extra speed is not worth 100 dollars...
plus, you can OC to the 4600's speed

Video card just showed up! Processor should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Sweet!
Almost complete
what are u running now?
I mean what processor

I have a 3 computers right now. A P4 3.0 GHz at work, a P4 2.7(?) GHz in my lappie, and a 750 MHz P3 desktop. This computer is replacing the P3. The P3 is going to become a fileserver which will still fold.

Hey, anything helps, right?

Hope it all works out well for you Brad, I know you have been looking forward to it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back