My new cell phone...

buzzstpoint said:
...But does anyone know how to upload ringtones VIA USB Cable to this phone? ... Any way of unlocking it? OR hacking{CUSTOMIZING - sic) the phone?

I have the exact same OT interest going on and may post a new thread now I have a motorola V600 and am trolling around the threads looking for something to help me make use of my expensive blasted USB cable ;) :p

I really need to get a cellphone, just to add another gadget to the collection :p

Grandmaster said:
I really need to get a cellphone, just to add another gadget to the collection :p
Perfect timing. Nokia and Symbian have already started collaborating with Microsoft. Always fun when competitors join forces, especially when they happen to be the three strongest names in the smartphone market. Good times ahead. :D

Mainframeguy said:
I have the exact same OT interest going on and may post a new thread now I have a motorola V600 and am trolling around the threads looking for something to help me make use of my expensive blasted USB cable ;) :p

Download Motorola Phone Tools...

my current cell phone:
motorolav710.jpg

My next cell phone when it hits the US:
510_g.jpg

^^^^By the way^^^^^Its CDMA(VERIZON) not GSM(CINGULAR)

if you want it's already out in canada :D or you could get it off ebay unlocked :D it's a cool phone looks nice, even the commercial for it is awesome

FishBoy said:
if you want it's already out in canada :D or you could get it off ebay unlocked :D it's a cool phone looks nice, even the commercial for it is awesome

Do you speak of the V3 RAZR and I have been hearing a lot about this UNLOCKED thing. Can you please let me in onto more of this so called UNLOCKED thing and what it does or what can I benefit off of it? Thanx FishBoy

synical33 said:
Do you speak of the V3 RAZR and I have been hearing a lot about this UNLOCKED thing. Can you please let me in onto more of this so called UNLOCKED thing and what it does or what can I benefit off of it? Thanx FishBoy
many phone companies (ie: cingular, verizon, AT&T, sprint) all of them they all get different kinds of phones and stuff, but before they release the phone to the public they take them to the "place" ( i dont know what it's called lol) and there they re-configure a couple of things in the phone, for example they make it so the phones they sell would only read SIM cards that are for their company only so you can't use a cingular phone with a verizon SIM card, and they also add a couple of more annoying things in the menus, like on my phone instead of surfing the internet i get "Go Rogers" blah blah, but when you unlock the phone it makes it so that phone will be able to read any SIM card

hmmmmm interesting read FishBoy so you are telling me I can be the proud owner of a V3 RAZR with Verizon Wireless? Or do these unlocked phones work on their own terms or whats up?

synical33 said:
hmmmmm interesting read FishBoy so you are telling me I can be the proud owner of a V3 RAZR with Verizon Wireless? Or do these unlocked phones work on their own terms or whats up?
well you could wait for your phone company to release the phone if it's coming out soon, or if you can't wait then you could get the phone off ebay (usually they sell them on ebay unlocked)
Here is one :D
And another :D:D
that phone is pretty cool im starting to want it but i also want the nokia 6260

and here is the google search result if you want to unlock a phone by yourself

Just got a Sony Ericsson z520a. Have had it for 4 days... it is going back.

Oh, maybe I should say why.

Speakphone too quiet and "tinny" sounding
Earpiece nice and loud, but "tinny" as well
Darn camera button pushes every time I put it in my pocket. So far, 31 pocket photos to date!
No hard call and end keys.

Getting a Razr instead

I am thinking about picking up this phone, I currently have the MPx200 and I figure this is a decent upgrade without being to expensive. I can get it off ebay after taxes and such for around 190 - 200$.

For those of you that have, or have used this phone for an extended period of time, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Aprox said:
I am thinking about picking up this phone, I currently have the MPx200 and I figure this is a decent upgrade without being to expensive. I can get it off ebay after taxes and such for around 190 - 200$.

For those of you that have, or have used this phone for an extended period of time, what are your thoughts?

Thanks!
It's a good phone, from what I've heard.

I would suggest looking into a newer Windows Mobile 5 based phone though. Cingular and T-Mobile currently have the 2125/SDA (Smartphone) and 8125/MDA (PocketPC), which are both excellent. I have the MDA, and it has to be my favorite phone so far. Check with your local Cingular/T-Mobile retail stores; they sometimes have good deals for existing subscribers.

Thanks for your input!

I looked into the 2125 and read about some major problems that phone has, some things being minor inconviences and others more severe. I will keep an eye open though. I really am a fan of the clamshell design, Moto really needs to release a new WM2005 phone in the spirit of their MPx line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back