My new and improved living room.

I have a vcr. Not plugged into anything though. VCR on my HDTV looks dreadful.

*sigh* I'll suppose I'll have to post pictures of my new family room and bathrooms once they are done being renovated now too..

Yeah let's all post picks of our rooms and slate each others wares, mines better than yours, mines bigger :eek: that yours......... well my dads bigger than your dad so nah :devious:

The office is getting redone next. Then the bathroom.

Ahhhhh, such egos. :p
:laugh:

Seriously though that's what it like here sometimes, someone posts something and another will knock them down with a reply like "why you using that?" "You should have got blah blah" "Why didn't you go for blah blah?"

Oh did I mention that if you pull the handles on the side of my big comfy leather sofa it becomes a recliner and you can lay back and put your feet up? :laugh:

:laugh:

Oh did I mention that if you pull the handles on the side of my big comfy leather sofa it becomes a recliner and you can lay back and put your feet up? :laugh:

If I pull on your handles will you go into a recline position 'n lay back and put your feet up? :nervous: :lick:

*runs*

I can dance. But matt is not my type until the fifth or sixth drink.

Soon as I finish my landscaping I am starting again on the inside of my home. Tree removal, fencing, adding fill, and much else this weekend. Free beer...........

A bit late to the party here, but better late than never!

Awesome pics, Matt. That's a sweet TV -- I shopped for one for a friend recently and got him almost the exact same model. Furniture looks comfortable, too.

So Time Warner uses SDV (switched digital video) in your area? They don't do it here yet, but I'm hoping they do to free up bandwidth for more HD channels. I have read about the compatibility issues with the TiVO boxes, which is why I haven't bought one yet, in case Time Warner does go SDV here. Good to know they are working on a solution though -- I've been wanting the same box you have.

When you're ready for surround sound, check out the Polk Audio SurroundBar. It's pretty amazing and Polk makes some great speakers. I fell for the Bose hype before, but never again, and I'll actually be selling a pair of Bose bookshelf soon to replace with Boston Acoustics. Anyone want some "Blose" speakers? :p

A bit late to the party here, but better late than never!

Awesome pics, Matt. That's a sweet TV -- I shopped for one for a friend recently and got him almost the exact same model. Furniture looks comfortable, too.

So Time Warner uses SDV (switched digital video) in your area? They don't do it here yet, but I'm hoping they do to free up bandwidth for more HD channels. I have read about the compatibility issues with the TiVO boxes, which is why I haven't bought one yet, in case Time Warner does go SDV here. Good to know they are working on a solution though -- I've been wanting the same box you have.

When you're ready for surround sound, check out the Polk Audio SurroundBar. It's pretty amazing and Polk makes some great speakers. I fell for the Bose hype before, but never again, and I'll actually be selling a pair of Bose bookshelf soon to replace with Boston Acoustics. Anyone want some "Blose" speakers? :p
Those speakers do look pretty sexeh Ryan - have you heard them? How is the sound quality?

Ryan, TW utilizes SDV quite a bit here in Albany. I probably lose more than half of the digital channels, but there is no way I was going to give up my TiVo especially with a solution being promised within months.

I'll check out the Polk SoundBar. Thanks for the link.

The Polk soundbar is a nice step up from any bose system. If you are looking for a "one speaker" virtual surround speaker setup, I'd also suggest the Yamaha YSP sound projecters.

Personally, none of the one bar surround sound projecters really match a good setup with 5 (or more) physical speakers.

Those speakers do look pretty sexeh Ryan - have you heard them? How is the sound quality?

I've heard one of them at Fry's, but you know how it's difficult to judge speakers in a store with a bunch of other noise. Polk has a great reputation, so I trust that it does a nice job and it's the best option I know of for virtual surround. I suppose it could always be returned if you were disappointed in the sound.

Ryan, TW utilizes SDV quite a bit here in Albany. I probably lose more than half of the digital channels, but there is no way I was going to give up my TiVo especially with a solution being promised within months.

I'll check out the Polk SoundBar. Thanks for the link.

That's awesome that they expect a fix for it soon. I'll keep my eyes open for news on this as well, because I will be seriously looking at a TiVo at that point. I have a DVR now as part of my Motorola box and it works fine, but the menu is clunky and ugly, and you know how I am when it comes to design. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back