My IE is cracking up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cazy, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Cazy

Cazy Guest

I have a problem with IE 6. First when i installed XP professional it didn't had java sopourt and whenever i opened page wich contained java applets IE displayed msg that i need to download Java Viritual Machine, wich offcourse couldn't fe found on microsoft.com. I somehow found it on the net and fist IE worked normaly. But soon it stardet to bug me. Like... i'd open a link on a page, wich opened new IE window with another site and suddenly other windows wasn't responding etc. Fist off all i thaught it's because of some options in my Norton firewall, but when i checked everything for about 100 times i couldn't fined enything connected with my problem whatsoever. However IE worked for a couple of min after that. This thing is really pissing me off, and i'd like to fix this. Any1 has a clou what could be wrong?! I also tryed to reinstall IE... Didn't help...

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

My best advice to you, since reinstalling IE did not work is one of the following:

1.) Try running "cmd" and type "sfc /scannow"

2.) Try the repair option found on the XP CD-ROM. Put the CD-ROM in and reboot your PC and boot from the CD-ROM. Then choose the repair option.

3.) Reformat and reinstall XP.

Good luck.

3. CrAzYNeSs

CrAzYNeSs Guest

well... see how microsoft has put back java virtual machine... u can try and uninstall the one u have and go to microsoft update and install thier version of the java.. s ee if that fixs the problem u have. thats my guess... but yeah.. give it a shot... better to use what microsoft release.. they made the os... so u'd think they'd know better?

-jef

4. Cazy

Cazy Guest

Hm, 1st of all i can't find viritual machine on the list of installed programs (i'm 100% i've install it)... 2nd of all i can't find VM either... It still says that VM is not avaiable!?