My "Homemade" SLI cooler

garikfox

X-File
I refuse to give into the temp bug even if there is one. So I took the problem into my own hands for really cheap and dropped a nice 5c on both GPU's.

2 x Thermaltake 120mm fans.

1 x Sticky tape

1 x plastic base thing I found around the house.

GPU Temps BEFORE:
Idle
GPU-1 - 75c
GPU-2 - 69c
--------------
Load
GPU-1 - 85c
GPU-2 - 78c

GPU Temps After:
Idle
GPU-1 - 70c
GPU-2 - 66c
--------------
Load
GPU-1 - 79c
GPU-2 - 74c

--------------
Walla !!

left_fan.jpg

right_fan.jpg

tape.jpg

They're still 5 degrees apart. Come on. You can find a 12 inch fan somewhere.

Or, just cut a whole in the cover over the hotter card and run an 80mm fan with speed control. Then you can get them exactly even.

:)

Jeez ! What games you running to need two 6800 gt's?

Why not completely take out the mobo from the case and heat your house with it LOL!

LeeJend said:
They're still 5 degrees apart. Come on. You can find a 12 inch fan somewhere.

Or, just cut a whole in the cover over the hotter card and run an 80mm fan with speed control. Then you can get them exactly even.

:)

haha the card running the monitor will ALWAYS be 5-10 degrees warmer than the slave.

BTW .. nice rig you have there Fox ;)

Hey garikfox, Why the hell aren't you runnin an AMD 64 FX55 while you're at it.

Like trainmaster77. :D

gonaads said:
Hey garikfox, Why the hell aren't you runnin an AMD 64 FX55 while you're at it.

Like trainmaster77. :D

yaaaaaay gotta admit he has good taste

should both of those fans be blowing at the cards? seems like you'll just be cramming air into the corner without any real circulation. i don't think the slot cooler is going to be able to do a lot.

i would cut a hole on the side panel where that 120mm is and mount it to the panel so it blows cool air right on the cards. then i'd either ditch the front 120 (you already have intake fans) or hack a 120mm hole in the back and replace those two 80's with the quieter, more reliable, more powerful 120. :smoker:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back