My Half Life 2 is stuttering

I have a BFG 6800 and BFG provide a life-time warranty.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with eVGA, PowerColor, and a few other companies and none have been so willing as BFG to provide a replacement. I think they're one of the TRUE lifetime places.

Taken from:
http://www.xfxforce.com/web/support/showWarranty.jspa?regionId=1&productGenerationId=40

Protect Your Card-And Its Next Owner-With XFX's Breakthrough Double Lifetime Warranty

Introducing the XFX Double Lifetime Warranty.

What does it mean for you?
Simple: Protection.

What does it mean for your card's next owner?*
Easy: Protection.

Here's the deal: We will repair and service your 6-Series or 7-Series Graphics Card for as long as you own it. All you have to do is register the card with us online. And, should you sell or transfer the card, we'll honor the warranty for the card's second owner, too, as long as they register it with us online. You get protection AND the added value of being able to pass along a full warranty with the card should you sell or otherwise transfer it. Now that's a Double Lifetime Warranty!

I'm not getting ATI again. Only 6800 was $242 and thats too much, the 6600 is pushing it ($168). I also have to use AGP which Ive noticed makes some cards more money.

5 year warranty on a refurb X series ATI card for $159.

Admiral, if you'd like a 6800, you might want to check Pricewatch... Assuming 128 MB of video RAM is enough for you, you can get one for $169 + $8 shipping. I'm not sure about the board maker in this case though...

http://www.pricewatch.com/

A 6600 with 256 MB video memory you can get from $102.99 and up, and with 128 MB about $66 excluding shipping and up. Sorry I can't provide unique URLs, but the pricewatch.com website doesn't change the url in the browser, as one browses down... That should help you get up and running, without cutting too deeply into your wallet...

the 6600 is good enough for me. Besides dont want to spend too much since my next PC will probably have PCI-Express. Also dont forget I'm in Canada so the prices are different and also I'm not one for ordering online, I'd rather goto a store.

But thats for the recommendation.

Update:

I bought the XFX GeForce 6600 256MB AGP card, everything works great cept I get ery crappy FPS in 3DMark05. However HL2 gets excellent results on the highest settings. I'm going to try 3DMark06.

I also bought a DVI extension cable so now I'm using the DVI setup on my LCD :)

Finally, I think I lost my likings for ATI. At first the card was great but it slowly became a problem, expecially with the Newer Catalyst and Multimedia Center. The card only lasted about one year after the warrenty expired.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back