my effing RAM

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
god effing D yo. this is literally my 100th thread on my RAM issues and it pisses me off. imm soo mad . but anyway let me explain the problem im having... i just got ANOTHER NEW RAM STICK cuz previously none would work except my samsung 256mb *266mhz* so i got a a samsung 512mb *266mhz* and guess what. it doesn't work! it does the same thing as all the other previous sticks which is that he restarts right after that XP screen with the little blue thing moving left to right. chyea you bet its annoying. and if this might help i got a blue screen one time with videoport.sys i think on it. i was thinking about just reinstalling windows b/c the driver .sys's all seemed messed up, but when i tried installing windows with the 512 stick it would restart which means this is bad....i dunno what to do. i've RMAed my mobo like 3 times so i can't do anymore than this...and im not staying with 256mb of RAM my whole life

lol (lil blue thing moving right to left)
it happened a couple of times to me too, it was right after i messed around with the computer and the os, so you could try installing windows again, do everything normally up to the point where it tells you there is an existing version of windows or w/e select repair so it'll fix it and everything else will stay as it was

btw who is that girl in the pic

k i'll try it first thing in the morning cuz right now i gotta sleep cuz its midnight . whew

1) Have you tried a BIOS update?
2) Have you thought about the possibility that this is not a RAM issue, but rather a mobo issue?
3) If you need to get rid of some ram cheap....

fish i did what you said and thanks to you i get more blue screens now and i had to reformat twice. lol jk well i really did have to do that stuff but its not ur fault.....

1) check BIOS updates every week so i know that's can't be an issue...but hmmm maybe i should go to an earlier BIOS but i doubt that will help
2) RMA'd my mobo 3 times in the past 6 months and im tired of doing it, and if its a mobo issue then eff Abit and i hope they go to hel*
3) uhhhh i've tried 4 diff RAM sticks and im not selling another one

could someone plz like drive over to my house right now and fix this. lol it pisses me off. why won't my computer accept anything other than this stupid 256mb samsung RAM i have.. .argh!!!!!!
oh btw i took some various pics of the blue screens i get with the 512mb stick...plz someone help and researc this problem

Attachments

• DSC01657.JPG
    DSC01657.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC01658.JPG
    DSC01658.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01660.JPG
    DSC01660.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01661.JPG
    DSC01661.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 89
lol you scared me there for a sec i thought i *** you computer
tab try other brands other than samsung, it looks like the ram isn't handling the memory in a good way since it's always dumping memory away, i think that happens when there is an overflow

prodj88 said:
uhhhh i've tried 4 diff RAM sticks and im not selling another one
Those errors are device driver errors not ram.

Anyway:
You say you have tried different ram but have you run memtest on them.

May be the ram is bad from handling it as ram is very volatile to static and ram is the one component I will not touch without using an anti-static wrist strap.

If adjusting ram timing manually...do you reset it to SPD when changing ram sticks?

I'm almost thinking perhaps it's your NIC. Do you have another you could swap in or perhaps try some different drivers? What make/model of NIC do you have?

I think its the nic too cause one of the errors is from a nic. Also i looked and some dude also is having this problem and has also tried different ram sticks. I guess from reading the posts that the dude tried a different nic and hasnt had the problem. So like xie said swap the nic with a different one and see if that works. Goodluck

Looks like one those problems are the NIC, just like TittleBitties said.

How about trying disabling all extra devices in BIOS, then remove all PCI cards and go from there. Install Windows, and everytime system is stable, shutoff, install PCI card/ or enable hardware device and reboot.

Heeter

Heeter said:
Looks like one those problems are the NIC, just like TittleBitties said.

How about trying disabling all extra devices in BIOS, then remove all PCI cards and go from there. Install Windows, and everytime system is stable, shutoff, install PCI card/ or enable hardware device and reboot.

Heeter

But do one at a time to narrow it down :p

yes i agree with TittleBitties just might be yar NIC, say did you test the ram in someone else's mobo?
oh and what PSU do you have?

Err, sorry.

I noticed that the NIC idea was XIE's, not Tittlebittles.

We still love you though, tittles!

LOL...yeah i was wondering why i was getting credit xie is far more smarter than me anyway. I was gonna post about it being the nic but my mom kicked me offline so i couldnt.

If it was the RAM it should crap out during POST while the bios runs the RAM check. But it still worth checking to make sure you don't have the RAM bios timing settings set too aggressively. Depending on what bios you have there will be from 1-4 numbers you can mess with. If just 1 set it to 2.5 of higher. If a 4 digit option use 7-2-2-2.5 for the settings.

If it's dying during the "little blue dot" that is when your drivers are being loaded and the peripherals are first being used (sound, lan, advanced video settings). So it could be:
1) a corrupted driver, but that wouldn't prevent you from reloading windows.
2) a bad peripheral, do what heeter said in the post above
3) could be the FSB setting is too fast which will hose the peripherals. Assuming your MB supports 266 FSB. Go into bios and make sure the FSB is set at 133/266. If it's set higher reduce it.
4). It could be your processor. You've changed RAM and you've changed MBs. How hot is the CPU running?

Just wanted to know if u disable the onboard lan in your bios to see if that was it? You didnt say that u did it so i was just wondering :).

how about an update? I would be inclined to think its the m/b, try the nic first second i'd buy a new board, how old is the m/b anyway?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back