My COmputer Icon disappeared

acstua

OSNN Junior Addict
well after a reinstall due to the occurance of a blue screen everytime i booted, tried lots to get rid of the blue screen - last know config etc...

anyhow i aint got any icons on my desktop but the recycle bin.

how'd i get the proper MyComputer and Network neighbourhood icons back, not just the shortcuts to tthem.

:confused:

Right click on your desktop>>>properties. There another tab to choose once that (can't remember it and I'm at work, just look around) choose to show those icons on your desktop.

I know:

At your desktop press your right mouse key and go to properties.
Go to the second sheet called desktop. Then go to change desktop. There you have your icons back.

Cheers Foxxie

i only have 1 icon on my desktop - the recycle bin.

i dislike desktop icons - they clutter everything up!

i have all my icons in the taskbar next to my start button.

if you want to try it this way, find the proggy in all programs list, click once (hold down) and drag to the taskbar.

makes for a nice clean desktop so you can actually see your wallpaper! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back