My comp keeps restarting

its raidmax and u know raidmax is one of the best when it comes to reliability/stability

Put your old card in and see if it still does it. I hope u were smart enough to do that since u did say that it might be the problem with the new card.

ok it hasn't been restarting. im pretty sure its just how i had everything set up in the case. so i straightened and tidied up all the wires and screws and even tried to move the graphics card so it wasn't close to touching or interfering with the fan. or maybe it was the bios update or the drivers? who knows but one of them fixed the problemo

yay good job...glad u got it fixed. I would of went crazy again if my computer restarted like it use to for 3 months. I sware we tried everything and finally we just tried new ram and bam it was fine. U dont know how many copies we made of our xp cds ( of course they were bought but we made copies of them since they were ours) and we would spend hours formatting and all that crap. I was so pissed

actually im geting tons of more problems . this is really pissing me off. it retarts right before that login window! it shows the windows xp pro (withh the bar loading) then right after that it restarts. and it keeps doing that and restarting and restarting and i can't get into windows! and one time it eveen gave me a blue screen saying some ati23j2.dll driver was messed up (im assuming its a vidoe driver_) ... i reallly don't know what to do. i have tried safe mode, debugging mode, and all sorts of things. one time i got passed it but now i can't.... its relaly confusing b/c i don't know if its hardware or a software issue?

yeah i put bios to default...i can't run memtest b/c i can't even load windows. ahh i really need help guys. i need a blue screen of death every time i try to get a way around whether its tryin to load windows in safe mode or even when i try to repair with the cd...

oh and its not my gfx card . i put in my geforce 2 and it did all the same BSOD errors?

His power supply isnt big enough for what he is running. You need to get like a 450 watt power supply. Get a name brand one and not a cheap brand one. Get a nice antec one that should solve your problems.

1) you don't need windows to run memtest. It runs from a boot floppy

2) A 300 watt power supply should be fine if it is of good quality.

i have 420 so i know psu isn't my problem. but audioslayer might be right about the other guy. 300 is not enough for al lthat he is running!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back