My car got banged up ..

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Johnny, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I did something stupid and let the wife drive it ..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see by the pics; it's not that bad. It is more of the fact that it could have been avoided is what is upsetting. It happens though, so it is really no big deal.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

How did it happen?

3. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

what the heck did she run over?

4. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Johnny that doesn't look all that bad.

Remove the 5th picture as I now have your license plate number :)

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

thank god that it was just minor, its been really sad latley all you hear is people dying from accidents

6. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

We are safer flying 3 miles up in a tin can at 570 miles an hour.

7. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I think you should be happy that the WIFE is OK and that the car, even if it was damaged worse, can be fixed and replaced.

8. Johnny

I edited the last pic. What happen is she went out to start it up; she didn't have the emergency break on or had it in neutral, and let the clutch out. When she did it started to drift, she at that point hit the gas pedal instead of the break.

She ended up going down the road up over a curve, ran over a road sign, almost hit a house, road down the sidewalk and came to a stop. She flattened both tires on the driver’s side and put a big dent in the hood from the road sign. I didn't look underneath, so, I don’t know what that is like

It doesn’t look that bad. I am glad she is o.k. It could have been worse.

9. kcnychief

Just glad you put it that way, instead of "I did something stupid and let my wife drive it"

I would have expected different from you :(

10. Johnny

Well they totaled it today. It had a lot more damage than what was thought. Hopefully I get blue book for it. If not I am screwed :(

11. kcnychief

That's a bummer, it doesn't look that bad though...

12. Johnny

That is what I said. Underneath was really messed up. The radiator was broke almost in half. And the frame was bent. Oh well, looks like I might try and get a new accent. The 2006's look really nice. Plus the warranty on them to good to pass up.

13. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Ouch, well I hope you can get your new car :)

14. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Unfortunately, insurance companies aren't so good with under-cariage damage... Nothing like you have, and of course no wife factor; but last spring/summer, they had a road construction zone close to home, where they were laying sewer pipe and all. Was almost 11 pm, and the dim witt city officials didn't think to put up any cones or anything to help direct traffic through. Left McDonalds, and there with this rather large area where they tore up the road (which being pitch black out, didn't look any different), and was a no man's land. One couldn't even see where to get on the road when one got up there.

Well, pulling up, without any markers to help guide traffic through there, the road came up about the undercarriage and I got stuck. Nothing like what you have, just a scratch/ding on one of the parts to the frame underneath, and there's an oil leak. Other then that, all was well. Also, and mind you, nothing visable wrt the body. I was to find out insurance can be good when the prob is wrt the body. When it's something like an oil leak however... Trying to get them to cover it was beyond all hope :down:

And here I thought it was the wife factor in many a parking lot :eek: But no, it was running over a street sign, and nearly hitting a house :yowch: