My Bios Won't recover!!!!!!

rusalka_tim said:
That is all It was mearly a relay of information. Again I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes.

There is no apology needed. I had posted while you were posting and had not even seen your message.It is great that everyoe is giving you great fast advice.

Thanks for the compliment zeke_mo on the paris avatar. I found the picture on my cell ;)

I think buying a bios chip is a waste of your time since your motherboard is made to minimze corrupt/dead flashes by inclded a dual bops setup using the crash free bios recovery on your cd.

I thought that nothing I did was different except that when I turned on the computer I didn't put the battery back in.:rolleyes: As the great homer simpson would say, "doh!"

I am very glad you are back on your way.

Nice computer btw

cheers!

Well since you compented Here is all the stats on it.

p4 3.2@3.51 (can get 4.1, but not to stable) (upgrading to a honed p4 3.4GHz)
corsair 1GB 3200 (2x512Mb) (about to be 1GB pc5000 ram by OCZ)
WD 250 gb ide
2X40GB ide in raid 0
radeon 9800 pro apg slot(about to upgrade to x800 pro modded to xt)
windows xp sp2
asus p4c800-e dlx
Sound blaster audigy2 zs platinum
2x 19" LCD's
cooling:
Swiftech peltier cooler for cpu(228w:qmax) and gpu(80w:qmax)
Internally mounted 2x single black ice pro 120mm rads with the fans on each pushing 100cfm of air.
Top blow hole cut in with one rad and bottom blow hole with other rad.
front fan and rear fan is 120mm fans.

Did I mention this is all in and Antec case that was designed for 80mm fans.

Also I did a two tone custum paint job on it. The inside is chromed as well.

If this is a new Mobo I would check for extralong solderjoints on the back of the mobo touching the chasis. I had that happen the 2nd time I built the computer from scratch. I would put it in my case power up, it would run for a minute maybe more then just power-down for no reason. Then just like yours would not power back up, and when I took it back to the vendor at the computer show, he would check it on his tester say it was working fine, and give it back, the third time I asked him to give me another, he did I took it home and it worked fine, thats when I noticed the scorch marks on the bottom side of the mobo tray I called him and had him look and he told me he was looking at the longest solder joint he had ever seen. it would be fine layed on its side, but the minute I tried to put on the side panel or stand it upright, it would power down, guess I should have found the problem sooner. :cry:

Hannibal LIVES!

Man these posts are going fast hehe

DOH!

hehe

heres what you do, CMOS checksum errors normally indicate a bad BIOS chip. Call asus tech support 510 739 3777 and tell them what happened and they will send you a new chip, you can just swap them out and you should be all set.

I've suffered similar problems. The board is an ASUS P4P8X. I flashed the BIOS like the ASUS site instructed and then it all began. I can't get the board to do anything. I've tried everything that was suggested on this forum, but nothing!

So much for a crash free bios, eh?

Any suggestions before I send the chip to ASUS and pay $5 to have them ship it back?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back