must see the sprint ppc 6700...excellant

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
well, I got this for the holidays.

it's a pocket PC telephone, excellent camera and video recorder, blue tooth, and through my sprint PCs wireless phone account, it acts as a modem that is pretty darned fast.

my only complaint is how small the screen is, and the terrible speaker phone quality, but everything else about this phone is excellent

sprint just started releasing tons of bandwidth for power users and right now I'm hooked up to a the phone to access the internet on this site... I only have 3 bars of reception out of 5, and I'm surfing at 300 kbs.

this is pretty good, and I'm supposed to be able to get 2 mbps with full signal...even if I only get the average, which is about 650 I'm a very happy puppy

the pda is pretty functional, a real mechanical keyboard slides out of the side and the screen automatically flips sideways for a wider resolution

this thing has one of those Microsoft mousy buttons which is VERY handy on such a small device, it's also got forward and back buttons right at the fingertips...pretty good one hand navigation as a whole

it also has a native wi fi card, when there's a wi fi signal, I can use the hot spot instead of my pcs isp, but I really don't see the need for that, since this is as fast as most hot spots and I don't pay anything extra for usage, it's all an in one fee

the wi fi detector is REALLY fast, I can use the phone as my net stumbler to find hot spots for my laptop, and that's all good

it connects to my laptop with either usb or blue tooth, I had to get a blue tooth thingy on my laptop to receive though...pretty cheap, about 40 bucks

this is worth it just for the extra bandwidth...I always had sprint wireless access to the internet, at about 190 kbs, which was a blessing since I can go on line anywhere I have a phone signal...this is just unbelievable with the extra bandwidth.

anyway, I might add to this when I get to know the phone, but this is a must buy for anyone that has access to the sprint service.

Attachments

• wow-ppc6700.jpg
    wow-ppc6700.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
oh, I forgot to add, it's got an imbedded gps receiver and the rep said all I have to do is load the gps software and I'm good to go.

will report back on that

One of my friends showed this to me when I was up in Redmond in September. Superb device.
If you install Orb (www.orb.com) on your desktop, you can stream movies, photos, and even live TV to the phone with that bandwidth. :)

NetRyder said:
One of my friends showed this to me when I was up in Redmond in September. Superb device.
If you install Orb (www.orb.com) on your desktop, you can stream movies, photos, and even live TV to the phone with that bandwidth. :)
I think he showed you the 6600, I think this one just came out, anyway, thanx for the heads up on that program, will install and report

Last edited:
wow, right now, full signal through the 6700, usb connection, I'm doing 800kps download, 120 upload.

not bad for "anywhere I have a sprint signal" convenience...just a week ago I was thrilled with the 150 kps I used to get before I upgraded.

I don't care much for the small screen which makes the phone almost unuseable as a computer...shame, cause it's pretty functional when I force myself to use it

as a whole, this is one great little toy

the camera is very nice, but the digital soom is very jumpy...the video camera takes some nice vids and I picked up a 1 gig storage card.

it's a Mini SD Expansion Card Slot for the storage card, which I really don't understand, it only saves about 1/8th of an inch in space over the standard sd card and the largest capacity is a gig...which I had to buy and I wouldn't have if it used a standard sd

it's the same technology as the bigger chip, just a smidge smaller so I don't see the purpose of it except to make my other chips unuseable in the phone

funny thing is this little chip comes with an adaptor to make it standard size and I can use it in other devices.

I suppose someone should come up with an adapter to make other chips fit in this small slot

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back