Must... kill... real media message centre...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Rigsta, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Rigsta

Rigsta OSNN Addict

It's loading up with windows, and I don't want it to (every so often, it pops up over the system tray informing me of something that I'm completely uninterested in).

Tried using startup.exe (in the tweaks section of this site) to disable it, but it re-enabled itself :rolleyes: Thanks, real.

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

could be a virus or somethin ' :rolleyes: ... you can post also an image ...

3. Rigsta

Rigsta OSNN Addict

Nah it's part of RealOne player (BETA 6 I think). It runs in the background - and therefore has to be starting up with windows - and occasionally gives me messages (ads) from Real industries when I'm online. It's annoying and refuses to die. I also don't like the idea of something communicating behind my back.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Get rid of real player. That's why I refuse to use this type of rubbish. :mad:

5. Twink

Twink Guest

go into it's options and tell it to popup like once a month instead of every day. mine seems to have stopped popping up cos of that. if you're too worried bout it, go back to realplayer 8 (although I had alot of problems with this one crashing) it does't have the adware (hmm maybe ad adware can remove it)

6. what i did was just delete the file that starts that poping up prog. that's very simple go to task manager and see wich file is running then delete it. and u r done.

7. Rigsta

Rigsta OSNN Addict

LOL usually doing that sort of thing causes ab error message to pop up when windows starts, so I try to avoid doing things like that. Since you say it works tho... DIE REALONE MESSAGE CENTRE *delete delete delete delete*

8. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

you could always turn it off using msconfig