Music Organizer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

I just downloaded and started to use WMP11, I think much has improved. I love how you can see the album art like that now, just I need to get mine lol. I have alot of songs that were organized before, but now inside the library out of place, which means the id3 tags were wrong. Is there a program where I can change all those things?...maybe even get info from the internet?

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Doing a search of the forums you will find hundreds of post on theads on this subject.

So, as a broken record would do, either the godfather or tag&rename are the best one to use ...

3. Bman

gotfather renames files themselves, does not affect the tags.....

i'll try tag&rename

4. Bman

I have been using tag&rename, but within the program there is something I don't understand, there are a bunch highlighted with blue, but I can't touch them? What does blue mean?

5. riscy

riscy OSNN Addict

Have a look at this - it is free and excellent.

You can batch rename tracks and you can also get it to look up album tracks on freedb.com - no typing in all the tracks :)

6. Bman

Where is the download link, the website is different lauguage.

And...I'd still like to use the other program is someone could explain the colors.

7. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

8. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

luckily I can speak German - so seeing the "DOWNLOAD" link at the top of the page was not too hard! :p :D :p :D

I think I may give that thinger a go - I betcha the buttons and all can be in English (probably a language option on install) - maybe the poster will get back to us...

oh and by the way IF it had been in German it would have said "laden Sie"!