Music cuts off when I lock my XP machine

D

docbaily

I don't know whats wrong with my settings in XP, but when ever I go to lock my machine to walk away from it, any music playing will cut off. If I'm listening to an album in iTunes or if I'm just using Winamp, the music will pause when I lock the machine. Both my roommates computers will continue playing when they lock their machines. Anybody have an idea as to what setting I might have set wrong?

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1 fully up to date with patches.

Thanks for your time.

That's only ever happened to me with iTunes, I thought it was just a "feature", can't say it's ever happened with Winamp though.

What version of Winamp are you using? and are you just using WinKey+L to lock the workstation?

Ok, so it does only happen in iTunes. I could have sworn that it happened in Winamp. But it doesn't. Ok, so it only happens in iTunes. But like I said above my roommate's computer didn't stop the music. Is there anyway to dissable that feature in iTunes?

And by the way, I am using Win + L to lock my machine.

I couldn't find a way to stop it unfortunately. I did send a bug report to apple at the time though.

Ok thanks anyways. I'll e-mail apple too. It's just annoying to not be able to use iTunes when my machine is locked.

Just asked on IRC, and apparently it stops for other people too. I'd suggest submitting a bug to apple, more people it affects, the more likely it will get fixed in the next release :)

[edit] you got there before me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back