Music cuts off when I lock my XP machine

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by docbaily, Nov 4, 2003.

1. docbaily

docbaily Guest

I don't know whats wrong with my settings in XP, but when ever I go to lock my machine to walk away from it, any music playing will cut off. If I'm listening to an album in iTunes or if I'm just using Winamp, the music will pause when I lock the machine. Both my roommates computers will continue playing when they lock their machines. Anybody have an idea as to what setting I might have set wrong?

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1 fully up to date with patches.

Thanks for your time.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

That's only ever happened to me with iTunes, I thought it was just a "feature", can't say it's ever happened with Winamp though.

What version of Winamp are you using? and are you just using WinKey+L to lock the workstation?

3. docbaily

docbaily Guest

Ok, so it does only happen in iTunes. I could have sworn that it happened in Winamp. But it doesn't. Ok, so it only happens in iTunes. But like I said above my roommate's computer didn't stop the music. Is there anyway to dissable that feature in iTunes?

And by the way, I am using Win + L to lock my machine.

4. SPeedY_B

I couldn't find a way to stop it unfortunately. I did send a bug report to apple at the time though.

5. docbaily

docbaily Guest

Ok thanks anyways. I'll e-mail apple too. It's just annoying to not be able to use iTunes when my machine is locked.

6. SPeedY_B

Just asked on IRC, and apparently it stops for other people too. I'd suggest submitting a bug to apple, more people it affects, the more likely it will get fixed in the next release :)

[edit] you got there before me :D

7. SPeedY_B