Multimedia Audio Controller

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by swtchrly, Jul 28, 2002.

1. swtchrly

swtchrly Guest

I recently installed the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card on my pc. I have been unable to configure it to use 4.1 digital mode. Could this be do to the missing multimedia audio controller driver? I have installed (and re-installed) the XP drivers from the Turtle Beach website. Also i have tried different slots, this made no difference. I hope this was the right place to post this.

2. swtchrly

swtchrly Guest

It is me again, I notice a few people have checked my posts but none offered a reply. Should I have posted this elsewhere?
    Thanks

3. swtchrly

swtchrly Guest

yeah! I take it that is bad.

4. swtchrly

swtchrly Guest

I have disabled the onboard sound, but still cannot use my speakers in 4.1 digital mode.

5. swtchrly

swtchrly Guest

Can anyone else help me regarding this problem? I have contacted the Voyetra Santa Cruz Tech Help and they can't help either.

6. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Remove all sound card software drivers including motherboards AC97 if fitted. Power down PC. Re-start PC and when prompted point to your drivers disk/CD. You may have to remove the sound card after you have powered down and re-boot with no sound at all, and then power down again to ensure that all the resources have been freed.