Multi network IM progs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Digdis, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Digdis

Digdis OSNN Addict Political User

Hi,
    As someone who has many contacts in both MSN & ICQ networks, I tend to use "multi network" proggies such as Trilian or IM2. Used Trilian in the past, but hated its interface, so I moved to IM2 as soon as I heard of it. It's a real nice app, with a simpler interface (has the MSN feel). It's only problem is that it's still a bit buggy. I stick with it for now, as I feel they'll fix its bugs soon enough. What do you think? Do you know any other "multi network" apps like these two? Like to hear your opinions on any of these proggies.
    D.

2. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

You'd have to try Trillian 3, so much better.

3. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

man.. trillian rocks so hard. i man if you dont like the whole interface just reskin it. Akion 3. is badass. hmm perhaps im spoiled by version 2.

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

GAIM is quite good as well, though some of its MSN support is a bit silly, its definitely designed for AIM and then had MSN added on afterwards

5. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Trilllan 3 Pro rocks.

-JJ

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

is itg out of betas? trillian pro 3 that is? and what are the diff between 2-3

7. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Trillian 3 Pro has been out for some time now.

I too didn't like Trillian that much. I preferred the interfaces of the original clients. I hated GAIM. I go back to it once in a while, but it's always missing the features I want. I am now using Trillian 3 Pro and although it's not quite what I want, I have to compromise. I don't want to run clients for ICQ, AIM, MSN, Y!, and Trillian still does the best multi-network job. I actually liked one of the jabber clients, but it was hard finding a jabber server that had the multi-network plugins supported ... so with Trillian I stay.

8. Digdis

Digdis OSNN Addict Political User

Has anyone here tried IM2 (beside me)?
    D.

9. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

10. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team