MSN Skin strangeness

R

Rick Stirling

So I decided to skin MSN messenger, and dropped a lvlback.gif file into the directory. It didnt work. I tried a few, no joy.

I'm using WinXP Home, and when my girl logged in to her account, her MSN had a skin. Hmm.

I created a new user account, used MSN, lo and behold the skin works. But it still will not work in my account.

I have reinstalled messenger, but its still doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Well, I know there is an incompatibility between the XP profiles and MSN software, usually in the case where an OEM has installed the OS and created the main user profile. I can't guarantee this is the same problem but it's possible I guess. The problems I usually saw was the person was unable to sign into secure, .net passport type sites with an OEM created profile. MS has no fix for this. :rolleyes: My advice, unless someone here has another idea, would be to transfer all your settings and files over to the new profile and delete the old one.

Nailed the problem. It was my Visual style, as soon as I switch to another it works fine.

Can Vstyles be edited to stop them overwriting MSN?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back