MSN Privacy LOL what else is new

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Rod, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Rod

Rod OSNN Junior Addict

I had my suspicions all along that, that's what was going on... Seemed funny that my buddy list would show up on some web pages... I figured it was a plug-in but was surprised that I couldn't find it when I looked at my installed active x and browser plug-in’s VIA Norton clean sweep.... I like privacy but in this day and age, I think it’s about as impossible as finding the final equation to Pie... LOL yes I am another cynic…

2. DrX

DrX Guest

Yup

it wont be long before this gets exploited by websites and email lists get sold to SPAM mail companies

:(

3. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

I allways had a bad feeling about msn messenger now i know what the problems are
    what are they going to do about it? looks like its time to uninstall it, hhahah, I cant see Micro$hite fixing the problem.

4. zman

zman Guest

Looks like MS didn t like the story here and are now about to release a patch

:p

5. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

Yeha its about time they did some thign about it
    but how soon will it be tho.. ???

btw how do i make my profile change from XP home to some thing else like Linux ?

6. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

7. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

Quote : Microsoft Network have said no customers have fallen prey to the potential privacy problem.

Thats total cr*p, this site http://www.mess.be/
    takes agvantage of this Bug, so microshaft dont know what they are talking about.

8. zman

zman Guest

Exactly Surge .........

Once these guys posted about this it last wednesday i thought we would hear more about it

And sure enough Cnet and Zdnet are jumping on the bandwagon

:)

9. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

Yeah when i first went to that site i have poasted about, i did wounder why it was showing my on line contacts but that was about a mounth ago.

cant wate to here what mr Geeks has to say about it all
    he will proberly say " dont wory we have a new O/s that will fix that problem " lolol

i could understand if that messenger site was a .NET site
    and had my buddys shown on it,

looks like we will just have to wate and see, :D