MSN on a router???

W

waggy3eb

How do I get MSN to work with my router? The router is a D-LINK. I'm not great with networking, so any help would be obliged! Thanks a lot!!

more info

what exactly is the probem you are having?

if you are simply unable to connect and/or browse the internet with MSN, you will want to check a couple of things:

1. TCP/IP properties should be set to automatically obtain IP
2. The router should be configured to hand out IP's automatically.
3. Your settings in Internet Explorer/MSN Explorer should be "automatically detect settings".

Write back if you need more help.

I use @home. All three computers work fine with the internet. All work with aim. But none of them will connect to MSN Mesenager. I don't know how to go aobut setting ports or whatever for the router to allow connection.

Strange
I have two PCs behind a NAT router and can use MSN just fine ) with no special settings or port routing.

Maybe firewall could cause a problem. (You don't need firewall behind a NAT router).

Though you can't use voice to PC or tel calls.

that's weird

because Messenger should use the same settings as Internet Explorer, which it should automatically detect.

you shouldn't have to configure port forwarding or anything like that on the router.

go into Messenger and look under Tools-->Options and select the Connection tab. Is the Proxy Server option checked?

also, when you attempt to connect with Windows Messenger, what is the error you get?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back