Msn Messenger

T

Taylor

Why is it that whenever I right click on my little icon guy, I can't exit the program? It always says something like "Can't exit because other programs are using it; ie. Outlook etc etc."

Any ideas?

You cannot close Messenger when Outlook Express/Outlook/Hotmail are running. Try closing these apps and then closing Messenger.

Yeah, I've done the obvious. I'm at the desktop with no programs running and it still won't let me.

Usually, you have to close OE and IE, any programs related to Messenger.

if you have Norton AntiVirus 2003 ,thats probably doing it

Seems like I read somewhere that NAV2003 can be made to scan messages and that if that function is enabled in NAV 2003 - you can not shut off Messenger - becuase another prgram (NAV 2003) is using it!

MSN Problem

I couldn't get damnyanks link to open, but i had posted this before awhile ago.

What is happening is your Norton 2003 AV integrated itself in to the messenger service, so it scans incoming messenger files. This is new to NAV 2003 this year. If you would like more info, check out this page and type in this document number. Hope this clears it up.
Butcherboys

Document # 2002090509170106

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/na...arch_solve.html

The link was slow when I posted it - but that's the one butcherboys!;)

If my short memeory serves me correctly - you are the one I originally got the info from!

Try Ctrl+Shift+Esc
In the processes tab, check it msinm.exe is running. If it is, end the process and try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back