MSN Messenger XP question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by chainsaw, Oct 27, 2002.

1. chainsaw

chainsaw Guest

I know microsoft released version 5 officially, but did they release version 5 for XP?

On their website... version 5 is only listed under msn messenger, not windows messenger for XP.

Can I install msn messenger if i have windows messenger?

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

yep, i have XP and i have uninstalled Windows messenger also otherwise u'll run into problems. But otherwise, it works great:)

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Guest

Thanks a lot :)

4. Kuja

Kuja OSNN Addict

Um...... i have both running at the same time.

5. segamil

segamil OSNN Addict

does anyone know how i can make messenger 5 the default for outlook express - instead of the 4.7?

6. knowley

knowley Guest

To make sure MSN messenger becomes the default messenger over XPs Windows Messenger you need to make sure Windows Messenger is CLOSED before you install Msn5. Right Click on it and then choose EXIT.

If you do not the installation script cant disable windows messenger. Personally I would wait for Windows Messenger 5 to be released. If you have already installed MSN5, remove it, disable windows mess. and then reinstall it.

7. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

Version 5 can't run Plus!, do you know of some program to log the chat sessions as Plus! did ?

8. sherpard

sherpard Guest

yes u can

9. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

No, you can't !
    At least, not with version 5.0.0537 for win98, I'll try tonight at home under XP Pro...

10. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Plus! doesnt work completely with messenger 5, but it will log your chat... And soon a new version of plus! will be released that support msn 5

11. EMDY

EMDY Guest

how can i get rid of windows messenger.....or uninstall it???? what the best way?...so i can install MSN Messenger to be the default Instant Messenger application......

12. sboulema

sboulema Moderator