MSN Messenger vs. .NET Passport

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by eNuffSaid, Sep 24, 2003.

1. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Hi all,

When I log on to my PC and open MSN Messenger I can sign in directly withou entering my password.

I would like to change this so I must enter a password before logging into Messenger.

I believe this happend when I assosiated my .NET Passport with my Windows User account. I would like to UNDO this action.

I have only managed to do so by deleting the profile and re-creating it, and when asked to assosiate my .NET passport with my Windows account, I chose NOT to.

Is there an easier way to get this done?

With kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

2. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Hi Enyo,

I was familiar with "Stored User Names and Password." It does list my Hotmail account there... but when i select it, i cannot remove it.

I've tried to do the same action on another computer, but it just won't remove the entry, even with all applications closed. What am I doing wrong?

I have Administrator rights and am using XP Pro.

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

3. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

eNuffSaid: reread Enyo's instructions. They are EXACTLY right. I believe you are jumping to a conclusion that this does something else and haven't tried it yourself.

4. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

out of curiosity I verified too - the instructions are quite right

5. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Un4gIvEn1,
    I think you are the one jumping to conclusions. ;-)
    I did exactly as he said... it is a different, and faster methode i must say, to get to the "manage passwords". I go there thru Control Panel > Users.

I STILL can't "remove" any of the passwords there.

But thanks for your helpful input anyway. ;-)

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

note the "2" on the end... it's a different thing to the one in control panel :)

7. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Never mind...

Did a re-install, now I *can* remove the Passwords. Guess windows got corrupted.

Thanks for your time!