MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta !!Crash!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Leevoy, May 24, 2003.

1. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta, cleanly!

Wonders if ne1 else got the same problems with it I have.

Does not ride o.k. Just crashes.

I tried unistalling cleaning registry of all indictaions leading to ever having installed it.

So wonders if ne1 else has installed MSN Messenger V6.0.0250 Beta and found it won't work.

NE!?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Worked fine here for the 2 minute I used it, but then it is a beta.

3. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Wondering if it might be a case of having removed the standard MSN messenger which came with XP Pro. Might try reinstalling that to see if it might be the case. I might try some silly solutions but I want to get to the bottom of this, so whenever I have problems I always find a fix one-way-or-another.

Having to redownload MSN 5, so will hope for any Ideas and suggestions when I get back from Rochester later. Have a cool day, laters.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

doesnt have any kind of problems here and i removed the standard xp messenger 2. so very strange...

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Works fine here, I left Windows Messenger installed.

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I have Windows Messenger installed as well. I uninstalled MSN Messenger 5 and Messenger Plus, and then installed MSN Messenger 6. Working great for me. I've been using it for a couple of days now.

7. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

For me, I closed MSN Messenger 5 (Windows Messenger uninstalled for quite some time already), and installed MSN Messenger 6 in its place, and indeed it updated version 5 to 6.
    No trace of the 5.x version anywhere, even in the add/remove section of the control panel...
    Works fine for me also, no crash... ;)
    Better looking than ever :)

8. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Ohh well maybe my registry is being an ass. Get right v5.01 gone unstable also, bugger will have to do a system restore and see if I can fix it that way.

Thanks for any comments, regards :)