MSN Messenger Question.

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
I think I know the answer but I promised I wouldn't ruin her marriage until I checked....

If a guy gets a bunch of IM's from girls asking when he is going to come f*ck them is there ANY chance its a "bot" or something?

I'm of the belief that now a days people can't just send you messages through the service unless they are on your friends list. I'm certain that if someone adds you you get a prompt asking if you should accept, this guy claims they just appear on his list. And yet another reason I don't beleive the guy's "bots" excuse is because he claims when you first install MSN, it prompts you to allow bots or disallow bots. I know of no such prompt and even if there was one I don't know why anyone would say to allow bots, especially since this guy is apparently a super-techie.

Fidelity is in question here so please clarify what kind of situation we have here. Many thanks.

Now she is telling me its happening on Yahoo messenger. I know nothing of yahoo so you guys tell me how that one works.

its in the MSN settings (under privacy) if you can get messages from people not in your friends list. So yes it is possible to just appear. There is no specfic "bots" option, or question though

There's definitely no such thing as an "allow bots" option but there is an option to choose whether only people on your allowed list can contact you. This results in one of two situations:

1) "Only people on my allowed list can contact me" - Usually, if one of your friends wants to contact you they will first have to send a prompt to you, and then you can choose to add them to your contacts list. If you do this, they can contact you whenever they like, providing you're online at the same time as them. This does sometimes result in "prompts" being issued by spamming bots, and you can choose to add the spamming bot to your contacts list or not. If you add them to your list, you will get a whole load of crap about "I wanna **** you" etc crap from them, and links that take you to dodgy websites. Even more rarely than that, certainly on older versions of messenger and poorly secured systems, you can get messages like this that will get through or appear to get through despite you never allowing them onto your contact list. I've had this a couple of times, but not for several years now, and I assume that messenger/windows has had this loophole fixed.

2) "Anyone can contact me". Basically, anything goes. You're much more likely to get spamming bots contact you, as well as people you don't like or weird lonely people that want to talk to strangers. No real limits on who can contact you. I wouldn't advise this option.

Anyway, I hope that's of some help, please post back if you want any more help. Oh, and this is for MSN/Windows Live Messenger.

Ray.

I think I know the answer but I promised I wouldn't ruin her marriage until I checked....

If a guy gets a bunch of IM's from girls asking when he is going to come f*ck them is there ANY chance its a "bot" or something?

I'm of the belief that now a days people can't just send you messages through the service unless they are on your friends list. I'm certain that if someone adds you you get a prompt asking if you should accept, this guy claims they just appear on his list. And yet another reason I don't beleive the guy's "bots" excuse is because he claims when you first install MSN, it prompts you to allow bots or disallow bots. I know of no such prompt and even if there was one I don't know why anyone would say to allow bots, especially since this guy is apparently a super-techie.

Fidelity is in question here so please clarify what kind of situation we have here. Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back